Carol Kidd, Iota Gallery, 24 and 25 October, 2014
Iota with Carol Kidd
Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11
Pop-in Fri. 24th & Sat. 25th October 12- 6 p.m.
Carol Kidd, a long-standing friend, pops in to iota with her latest work.
As well as presenting her latest CD,
‘Carol Kidd Live with Brian Kellock present Cole Porter’, which will be available first at iota, a rare glimpse of another side to this well-kent singer will be revealed.
Carol has earned world-wide respect for her portrayal of the thoughts and feelings of many a songwriter. Her new CD is further testimony to that.
How does the artiste express her own feelings though? How do any of us vent the feelings which are unexplored in our quotidian existence? As many musicians seek personal expression through disciplines other than their own, Carol turns to painting. Self-taught and exploring her own potential, Carol clearly delights in the portrayal of close friends, personalities and a moving sunset or moonrise. Examples will be on show. Having taken these tentative steps, she is now inspired by world events as well as individuals. She is modest about her success, and continues to paint with passion. Another example of art enhancing life.
Her new CD will feature in her series of concerts
the following week, in Musselburgh, Glasgow and Greenock.
Pop-in Fri.24th & Sat. 25th October, 12-6pm
and make yourself at home!
Carol will be spending some time at iota each day.
25 Hyndland Street
Glasgow G11 5QE
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend