Carol Kidd, Iota Gallery, 24 and 25 October, 2014
Iota with Carol Kidd
Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11
Pop-in Fri. 24th & Sat. 25th October 12- 6 p.m.
Carol Kidd, a long-standing friend, pops in to iota with her latest work.
As well as presenting her latest CD,
‘Carol Kidd Live with Brian Kellock present Cole Porter’, which will be available first at iota, a rare glimpse of another side to this well-kent singer will be revealed.
Carol has earned world-wide respect for her portrayal of the thoughts and feelings of many a songwriter. Her new CD is further testimony to that.
How does the artiste express her own feelings though? How do any of us vent the feelings which are unexplored in our quotidian existence? As many musicians seek personal expression through disciplines other than their own, Carol turns to painting. Self-taught and exploring her own potential, Carol clearly delights in the portrayal of close friends, personalities and a moving sunset or moonrise. Examples will be on show. Having taken these tentative steps, she is now inspired by world events as well as individuals. She is modest about her success, and continues to paint with passion. Another example of art enhancing life.
Her new CD will feature in her series of concerts
the following week, in Musselburgh, Glasgow and Greenock.
Pop-in Fri.24th & Sat. 25th October, 12-6pm
and make yourself at home!
Carol will be spending some time at iota each day.
25 Hyndland Street
Glasgow G11 5QE
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School