Carol Kidd, Iota Gallery, 24 and 25 October, 2014
Iota with Carol Kidd
Hyndland Street, Glasgow G11
Pop-in Fri. 24th & Sat. 25th October 12- 6 p.m.
Carol Kidd, a long-standing friend, pops in to iota with her latest work.
As well as presenting her latest CD,
‘Carol Kidd Live with Brian Kellock present Cole Porter’, which will be available first at iota, a rare glimpse of another side to this well-kent singer will be revealed.
Carol has earned world-wide respect for her portrayal of the thoughts and feelings of many a songwriter. Her new CD is further testimony to that.
How does the artiste express her own feelings though? How do any of us vent the feelings which are unexplored in our quotidian existence? As many musicians seek personal expression through disciplines other than their own, Carol turns to painting. Self-taught and exploring her own potential, Carol clearly delights in the portrayal of close friends, personalities and a moving sunset or moonrise. Examples will be on show. Having taken these tentative steps, she is now inspired by world events as well as individuals. She is modest about her success, and continues to paint with passion. Another example of art enhancing life.
Her new CD will feature in her series of concerts
the following week, in Musselburgh, Glasgow and Greenock.
Pop-in Fri.24th & Sat. 25th October, 12-6pm
and make yourself at home!
Carol will be spending some time at iota each day.
25 Hyndland Street
Glasgow G11 5QE
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out