Calum Ingram at Fika Friday 16 September, 2016
7 Keith Street, G11 8QQ
Following on from his clinic in the afternoon — >
– Calum will be performing with his band for a special performance at Fika.
Calum Ingram is back in Glasgow to present a rare, one off clinic & intimate proformance in his home town.
The acclaimed contemporary cellist singer songwriter, who has performed in recent years with Sandi Thom and Jack Bruce, returns to dissect some of his contemporary and signature cello techniques including ‘chopping’. Calum will also speak about accompanying the cello with voice as well as tips on supporting musicians and working with a band.
We want clinic attendees to take the most from this experience so please feel free to take your acoustic instruments whether fretless or fretted and get invloved.
We will also host a discussion with one of D’Addario’s specialist orchestral technicians about string engineering & their products. The clinic will be free of charge but limited spaces are available. Please book places through the eventbrite link, and if for some reason you cannot use your ticket, let us know and we will pass it on for you! We hope to see you there!
This will all be topped off by a concert in the evening with Calum & his band performing tracks from his new live release “Turn Around” including new material and old classics.
Concert tickets are £8 or £5 for clinic attendees.
Calum Ingram is one of Scotlands premier contemporary cellists. Born in Paisley and schooled in New York, his fusion of blues songwriting with modern cello composition are at the forefront of stringed instrument playing and modern composition.
This event is sponsored by D’Addario Orchestral & serviced by Whereabouts Productions.
- Minis Rugby Hillhead Sports Club
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Creative Writing Courses – University of Glasgow
- #Beactive Festival, George Square, Glasgow
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Glasgow Songwriting Festival
- Govanhill International Festival and Carnival 2018
- Film for family and local history, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Family Friendly Autism Workshop, Riverside Museum
- Getting Started with Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Indepen-dance Summer Shindig 2018
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- West End Festival 2018 Songwriting Workshop with Chiara Berardelli
- Into the Woods Collective, Art and Music Workshops, Children’s Wood
- Mount Florida Screenings, CCA Glasgow
- Migrant Voice, Changing Lenses, CCA
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Bonnie Bling Crafternoon Workshop, The Hidden Lane
- Therapeutic Creative Writing Workshop, Paisley