Call for films for Southside Film Festival 2015
The 2015 Southside Film Festival will run from Thursday 8 October to Sunday 11 October, 2015.
This year’s film festival focuses on cinema going heritage of the Southside and films made in the Southside.
They want to see your films and hear your memories of going to the cinema in the Southside before the last cinema closed in 2001.
Rummage in your attic and show boxes to find photographs, films, tapes, slides, audio recordings-any archive you may have and bring it along to this event.
They hope to include as much local archive in the film festival in October as possible.
Download a submission form here and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday 1 June 2015.
Screenings in May
You can also attend Bring your Own Archive events at Shawlands Arcade on Sunday 10 May and Saturday 16 May and The Glad Cafe on Sunday 10 May, 2015.
SOUTHSIDE FILMMAKER AWARD
Southside Film strives to support filmmakers in Glasgow and we’d like to see your films in our 2015 festival. They showcase the best short films made by a filmmaker based in the Southside, about the Southside or shot in the Southside.
- Are you a filmmaker based in the Southside?
- Have you made a film about the Southside?
- Have you shot a film in the Southside?
Submit your film -any genre welcome-fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, artists film & video work etc. Submissions for the Southside Filmmaker Award 2015 are FREE and are open NOW.
This section: Cinema, Southside Film Festival
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT
- Anchor and Hope, GFT
- European Art Cinema Day, Dogman GFT
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance GFT