Cabbage presents Junkspace: Tap for Sound, The Seamore Centre, Glasgow
Thursday 9 August, 2018 – 6.30 p.m.
The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema, Community Central Hall, 304 Maryhill Road, Glasgow G20 7YE
Cabbage presents Junkspace: Tap for Sound, a screening event of moving image exploring the spaces inhabited by artists online, post internet culture and the divergence of sound and image.
The programme brings together a group of artists who communicate their practice through screen and sound, occupying digital platforms with fictionalised personas and altered mannerisms.
Located within digital non spaces, several of the artists are captured as a single figure caught between a monochrome background and the camera lens. Music, humour and the alter ego are utilised to communicate with the audience in the form of make up tutorials, interviews, lip syncs and gag reels. The artist is positioned central within the work, appearing in distorted fragments through characterisations, shifting appearance and voice.
To guarantee your seat please book via Eventbrite
BYOB – please feel free to bring your favourite tipple along with a small donation of £2 for corkage. A cash bar offering wine will also be available. All proceeds go toward supporting future Cabbage events and The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema.
Cabbage is a screening programme based in Glasgow, curated by JJ Tipton. Cabbage considers the screening space as a place of live event, rejecting the format of the academic screening in favour of screening as a space for theatre and exhibition.
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019