Drop in to the Glasgow & West of Scotland Family History Society where our volunteer members will be happy to help you trace your Ancestry and build your Family Tree. There is no need to make an appointment but please first check our opening times.
Take advantage of our well stocked genealogical library and our huge range of birth, marriage, death, burial and census records. Let our volunteer Research Assistants guide you through the maze of online genealogical resources.
In our modern basement, Research Centre in Mansfield Park, directly under the Glasgow Gaelic Centre, we have extensive resources and facilities to help with your genealogical search. We make no charge for the use of our Centre but are always grateful if non-members make a small donation towards our funds. Instant membership is however available for new members at a discounted rate.
Glasgow University Archives, the Kelvin Hall museum and library, Kelvingrove museum and art gallery and the Mitchell Library Family History resources are all a short bus ride away.
Our opening times are: –
Tuesday 2:00 to 4:30pm
Thursday 2:00 to 8:30pm
Saturday 2:00 to 4:30pm
We are a registered Scottish Charity (SC 010866)
"I used to advertise in the yellow pages at great expense and didn't get as many enquiries as I do through my £25 ad with you!!"
Niall Anderson, Anderson Carpenters and Joiners
20% of Google searches include a local place name. 70% of people looking for a business look online first.
- Glasgow West End: Glasgow Film Festival, Aye Write!, Valentine’s Day and Creative Conversations
- Amelia White, Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
- Isla and Pickle: The Highland Show – Hillhead Library, West End Festival
- Willow Bank Bowling Club Summer Fete, West End Festival 2018
- The Great Street Play and The Big Lunch, Queen Margaret Drive, West End Festival 2018
- Ceilidh at Vinicombe Street Piazza, West End Festival 2018
- West End Festival 2018 Music For A Summer Saturday Wellington Church
- Strangers on a Train, GFT
- Mary Shelley, GFT
- Arcadia, GFT
- Thoroughbred, GFT
- A Love That Never Dies with Q & A at GFT
- Cinemasters: Jacques Tati at GFT, Summer 2018
- Mean Girls, Burnt Church Film Club + Daniel Franzese in person for Q & A
- Whitney + Kevin Macdonald Q & A, GFT
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Bright Star, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Hereditary GFT
- Bard in the Botanics West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018