Drop in to the Glasgow & West of Scotland Family History Society where our volunteer members will be happy to help you trace your Ancestry and build your Family Tree. There is no need to make an appointment but please first check our opening times.
Take advantage of our well stocked genealogical library and our huge range of birth, marriage, death, burial and census records. Let our volunteer Research Assistants guide you through the maze of online genealogical resources.
In our modern basement, Research Centre in Mansfield Park, directly under the Glasgow Gaelic Centre, we have extensive resources and facilities to help with your genealogical search. We make no charge for the use of our Centre but are always grateful if non-members make a small donation towards our funds. Instant membership is however available for new members at a discounted rate.
Glasgow University Archives, the Kelvin Hall museum and library, Kelvingrove museum and art gallery and the Mitchell Library Family History resources are all a short bus ride away.
Our opening times are: –
Tuesday 2:00 to 4:30pm
Thursday 2:00 to 8:30pm
Saturday 2:00 to 4:30pm
We are a registered Scottish Charity (SC 010866)
"I used to advertise in the yellow pages at great expense and didn't get as many enquiries as I do through my £25 ad with you!!"
Niall Anderson, Anderson Carpenters and Joiners
20% of Google searches include a local place name. 70% of people looking for a business look online first.
- Glasgow West End: Glasgow Film Festival, Aye Write!, Valentine’s Day and Creative Conversations
- Dick Gaughan Tribute Concert at Celtic Connections 2018 – photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Blue Rose Code at Celtic Connections 2018 photos and review Pauline Keightley
- The Shape of Water, GFT
- Call Me By Your Name, GFT
- Soundtracking, Edith Bowman with Lynne Ramsay, GFT
- Phantom Thread GFT
- The Florida Project, GFT
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 at CCA
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Closing Gala: Felipe Bustos Sierra’s Nae Pasaran
- FrightFest, Glasgow Film Festival: challenge to aspiring Scottish filmmakers
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Catch Some Amazing Guests
- Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- Deniro – the Bulldog from Netherburn cast as Rufus in Legally Blonde, Glasgow