Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1, and to coincide with the exhibition Brushes with War, the Alliance Française and the Goethe-Institut Glasgow, in partnership with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, are running different events throughout November, 2018
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November, 2018
at the Kelingrove Museum
“World War One and its legacy
& How museums depict and interpret conflict and genocide”.
Bringing together specialists from France, Germany, Belgium and Scotland, this conference will focus on how museums depict conflicts and the role of culture in the education for peace and reconciliation in post-conflict situations.
Friday 9th November, 7.30pm at the City Chambers
Special concert by French pianist Maxime Zecchini at the City Chambers. George Square, City Centre.
Mr Zecchini will play a curated set to commemorate the end of WWI.
Screenings of French, British and German movies throughout November!
All these events are free to attend.
These events are supported by the Franco-German Cultural Fund.
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Wilton Street Garden Fete
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019