Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1, and to coincide with the exhibition Brushes with War, the Alliance Française and the Goethe-Institut Glasgow, in partnership with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, are running different events throughout November, 2018
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November, 2018
at the Kelingrove Museum
“World War One and its legacy
& How museums depict and interpret conflict and genocide”.
Bringing together specialists from France, Germany, Belgium and Scotland, this conference will focus on how museums depict conflicts and the role of culture in the education for peace and reconciliation in post-conflict situations.
Friday 9th November, 7.30pm at the City Chambers
Special concert by French pianist Maxime Zecchini at the City Chambers. George Square, City Centre.
Mr Zecchini will play a curated set to commemorate the end of WWI.
Screenings of French, British and German movies throughout November!
All these events are free to attend.
These events are supported by the Franco-German Cultural Fund.
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- The 33rd Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- KeanuCon 2019 CCA
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- The Big Clothes Swop at the Ice Box
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Glasgow May Day 2019
- The Great May Day Cabaret 2019 – OranMor
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Let Me Entertain You, Fundraiser Kilbryde Hospice
- Shamanic at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Save Otago Lane Family Festival
- T.Rex is in Town, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow