Brushes With War – WW1 Centenary Celebrations, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
To mark the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1, and to coincide with the exhibition Brushes with War, the Alliance Française and the Goethe-Institut Glasgow, in partnership with the Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, are running different events throughout November, 2018
Thursday 8th & Friday 9th November, 2018
at the Kelingrove Museum
“World War One and its legacy
& How museums depict and interpret conflict and genocide”.
Bringing together specialists from France, Germany, Belgium and Scotland, this conference will focus on how museums depict conflicts and the role of culture in the education for peace and reconciliation in post-conflict situations.
Friday 9th November, 7.30pm at the City Chambers
Special concert by French pianist Maxime Zecchini at the City Chambers. George Square, City Centre.
Mr Zecchini will play a curated set to commemorate the end of WWI.
Screenings of French, British and German movies throughout November!
All these events are free to attend.
These events are supported by the Franco-German Cultural Fund.
- International Women’s Day Glasgow – Quiz
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Tell It To The Bees
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Glasgow Goes Green
- Wassail Queens Park
- OK Fest – Kilmacolm’s Festival of Sound
- Waiting for Godot, Websters
- Barras Food Truck Fest
- Stand in Solidarity with the Stansted 15
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery