Brooks Williams Sounds in the Suburbs, The Doublet
9 September, 2018
The Doublet Bar, 74 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
Absolutely delighted to once more welcome back the fabulous Brooks Williams to a SoundsintheSuburbs show, this time at the Doublet Bar.
Great news Brooks is back with a brand new album “Lucky Star” which is available now!
For those of you new to Brooks he hails from Statesboro, Georgia, the town made famous by country-blues legend Blind Willie McTell. Ranked in the Top 100 Acoustic Guitarists, he’s a mean finger-picker and a stunning slide guitarist. Plus, “he has a beautiful voice,” says AmericanaUK, “that you just melt into.” Not one easy to pigeon-hole, Brooks’ music is the love-child of country-blues and soulful Americana.
His massive repertoire spans classic roots and blues, Trouble In Mind, Backwater Blues and Mother Earth, as well as compelling covers from the likes of Dave Alvin, Buddy Miller and Mose Allison. His own songs are thoroughly alive with clearly-drawn ironic characters, like Frank Delandry and Evil Knievel, and rich in blues pathos.
Brooks Williams has worked stages worldwide for close to thirty years, touring constantly in the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Audiences are often heard asking, how can one guitar and one voice sound like a full band? The San Antonio Light says that Williams is a “fret monster who has to be seen to be believed!”
- Express Yourself, Tell it Slant
- Choral Concert St Marys Episcopal Cathedral
- The Marbles and Friends Live
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- School for Civic Imagination CCA
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Easter 2019 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Rose, GFT
- Ordet GFT
- 3 Faces GFT
- The Gospel According to St Matthew GFT
- A Deal With The Universe, GFT
- Loro GFT
- Eighth Grade GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival on Tour
- The Fight GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- KeanuCon 2019 CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT