Bring it all Home: The Exhibition: showcasing the life of Gerry Rafferty, Paisley Museum, 7 March until 18 May 2014
High St, Paisley PA1 2BA
7 March until 18 May, 2014
A unique exhibition showcasing the life and work of one of Scotland’s greatest-ever songwriters – Gerry Rafferty – is opening its doors in his home town of Paisley.
Bring it all Home: The Exhibition will feature items from Gerry’s career – from gold discs and guitars to hand-written lyrics to his biggest hits.
The exhibition is expected to attract interest from around the UK and abroad, given the worldwide fanbase of the man best-known for iconic songs such as Baker Street and Stuck in the Middle With You.
Many of the personal artefacts have been loaned to Paisley Museum by Gerry’s daughter Martha, who helped curate the exhibition in her father’s memory.
Also on show will be original artwork from Gerry’s close friend and fellow Paisley Buddie John Byrne, who designed many of his album covers – while work by the artist from Renfrewshire Council’s own collection will also feature.
The free-to-enter exhibition will run at Paisley Museum from 7 March until 18 May and will coincide with an eight-day music festival in the town in April inspired by Gerry’s legacy.
Martha Rafferty said: “My father’s home town meant a huge deal to him and helped inspire a lot of his work, so it is fitting to be able to hold this event here in Paisley.
“There remains a huge deal of interest in his music from his fanbase throughout the UK and abroad – and I hope they will find plenty to interest them in the exhibition.”
Bring it all Home is being organised and promoted by Renfrewshire Council and is taking place as part of Scotland’s Year of the Homecoming 2014.
Renfrewshire Council Leader Mark Macmillan added: “Bring it all Home is a celebration of the life and work of one of Paisley’s best-loved sons.
“We are delighted to be able to host the exhibition and festival and are ready to welcome the visitors we expect them to attract. We would also like to thank Martha Rafferty and John Byrne for their generous contribution to the event.”
- The Last Leaf – a poem for Autumn by Catriona Malan
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow