Our Boys: rehearsed reading, Old Hairdressers, 25 May, 2016
25 May, 2016 – 7 -p.m.
Rehearsed reading of a one hour play with short discussion after. All female production.
“Absolutely brilliant. Really tense, morally complex, so many shades of grey… I actually had goosebumps at points.” Alan Bissett.
Written by Magi Gibson, directed by Sacha Kyle, with Anita Vetesse, Michele Gallagher and Nalini Chetty.
With Gina stressed out about her soldier son and Shahara angry about the war in Iraq, will Eilidh’s kitchen be turned into a warzone? Funny and tense, Our Boys explores themes of war, racism, pacifism – and just how far a mother will go to defend her son.
Old Hairdressers, 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2 6PH
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival