Booked! Festival of Words, Evening of poetry, storytelling and song, Clydebank Town Hall Monday 16 May, 2016.
Booked! at Clydebank Town Hall
An evening of entertainment with poetry, storytelling and song.
Monday , 16 May, 2016 – 7.30 p.m.
£5 – Or full table for eight £30 Buy tickets online
Join Rally & Broad, aka poets Jenny Lindsay and Rachel McCrum , for an evening of poetry, storytelling, music, dancing, spraffing, raffling, spikiness and a general aura of chaos and wonder!
A New International Lush, poetic, bittersweet romanticism; an evocative mixture of cinematic strings, circus lights, carnival and cabaret, music hall, gypsy, chanson, a little bit of folk, a little bit of flamenco, yet with pop at its beating heart – welcome to the world of Glasgow’s finest,
Malachy Tallack’s first book, a travelogue and memoir Sixty Degrees North, was published in 2015 and was chosen as a Book of the Week on BBC Radio 4. His second,The Un-Discovered Islands, is due in September 2016. As a singer-songwriter, he has released four albums and performed in venues across the UK.
Martin O’Connor is a playwright, performer and poet from Glasgow, and a Rally & Broad favourite with his witty, tender, breakneck performances.
Chrissy Barnacle is a singer-songwriter hailing from the grimy shores of the Clyde whose yearning and often fantastical lyrics are brimming with turmoil and optimism.
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library