Book Week Scotland – Story on Page and Film with Bernard MacLaverty, Kelvin Hall, 2 December, 2017
2 December, 2017 3 p.m. 4 p.m.
How do we tell and hear stories both in writing and images? Is there a difference in how we feel about the stories we love depending on how they are told?
Come along and hear Bernard MacLaverty in conversation – not only a highly acclaimed author but has also written and directed films. This event is sure to be full of insight and inspiration.
Part of the Scotland’s Story project funded by the Royal Society of Edinburgh in partnership with the Universities of Strathclyde and Oxford. Chaired by Dr Brian Hoyle – senior lecturer in film studies at the University of Dundee.
Kelvin Hall Cinema Room, Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch