Book launch: The Accident On The A35, Graeme Macrae Burnet, Waterstones Argyle St, 26 October, 2017
Waterstones, 74-176 Argyle St, Glasgow G2 8BT
Thursday, 26 October, 2017 - 7 p.m.
Free: advised to book soon as likely to sell out.
The Accident On The A35
There does not appear to be anything remarkable about the fatal car crash on the A35. But one question dogs Inspector Georges Gorski: where has the victim, an outwardly austere lawyer, been on the night of his death?
The troubled Gorski finds himself drawn into a mystery that takes him behind the respectable veneer of the sleepy French backwater of Saint-Louis.
Graeme Macrae Burnet
Graeme Macrae Burnet returns with a literary mystery that will beguile fans of His Bloody Project and The Disappearance of Adele Bedeau. Darkly humorous, subtle and sophisticated, The Accident on the A35 burrows deep into the psyches of its characters and explores the forgotten corners of small-town life.
Ex-Waterstones bookseller Graeme Macrae Burnet provoked a literary sensation on the publication of his masterful, multi-viewpoint tale, seeing His Bloody Project not only shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2016 but going on to hold the public vote until ultimately pipped by Paul Beatty's satire The Sellout. Read Q&A with Graeme.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, What's On Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Dynamic City with Linda Jackon, La Bodega
- Wild Women Writing Course with Magi Gibson starts January 2018
- Tinsel Tales, GoMA
- Creative Conversations Playwright Douglas Maxwell
- Ten Writers Telling Lies, Book Week Scotland, Airdrie Library, 28 November, 2017
- Book Week Scotland 2017, Bernard MacLaverty, The Mitchell
- Being Human Fest Postcard poetry: Philip Hobsbaum’s inclusive writers’ groups 23 November, 2017
- Poet Nuar Alsadir, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Voices Nationwide, Spoken Word Workshops, Paisley
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Lost Mansions and Houses of Lanarkshire by Dan Sweeney
- Vahni Capildeo, Creative Conversations
- Winter Words at Woodlands Community
- Book Week Scotland 2017 , West Dunbartonshire Libraries
- ‘This World that We Seem to Inherit’: Readings and Music for Remembrance, University of Glasgow
- Books at the Botanics
- Louise Welsh, Arlington Baths Club, Book Week Scotland, Thursday 30 November,2017
- Ten Slavonic Dances with Tom Hubbard, Scottish Writers Centre
- Book Week Scotland – Story on Page and Film with Bernard MacLaverty, Kelvin Hall, 2 December, 2017