Book launch: The Accident On The A35, Graeme Macrae Burnet, Waterstones Argyle St, 26 October, 2017
Waterstones, 74-176 Argyle St, Glasgow G2 8BT
Thursday, 26 October, 2017 – 7 p.m.
Free: advised to book soon as likely to sell out.
The Accident On The A35
There does not appear to be anything remarkable about the fatal car crash on the A35. But one question dogs Inspector Georges Gorski: where has the victim, an outwardly austere lawyer, been on the night of his death?
The troubled Gorski finds himself drawn into a mystery that takes him behind the respectable veneer of the sleepy French backwater of Saint-Louis.
Graeme Macrae Burnet
Graeme Macrae Burnet returns with a literary mystery that will beguile fans of His Bloody Project and The Disappearance of Adele Bedeau. Darkly humorous, subtle and sophisticated, The Accident on the A35 burrows deep into the psyches of its characters and explores the forgotten corners of small-town life.
Ex-Waterstones bookseller Graeme Macrae Burnet provoked a literary sensation on the publication of his masterful, multi-viewpoint tale, seeing His Bloody Project not only shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2016 but going on to hold the public vote until ultimately pipped by Paul Beatty’s satire The Sellout. Read Q&A with Graeme.
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT