Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith, The Admiral Bar
Wednesday, 12th June, 2019
The Admiral Bar, 72a Waterloo St, Glasgow G2 7DA
To celebrate a magical musical collaboration that has resulted in a life-long friendship between acclaimed singers Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith, the pair will be playing a handful of shows in the UK this summer.
Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith met thirty years ago, introduced by a publisher they wrote songs together for four days in London. The results secured them a record deal with Ensign Records and a short while later they found themselves in Austin, Texas recording the album ‘Evidence’.
The album is a potent mix of Americana and Ukana and received rave reviews, among them an inclusion in the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums book.
Boo and Darden will be joined by guest musicians Sonny Landreth, Syd Straw and Reece Wynans.
Boo Hewerdine said: “Darden and I are so excited to take our collaborative album on tour across the UK this May and June. This partnership holds a special place in both our hearts and to team up and take it on the road, is just fantastic. We look forward to seeing lots of people come out and enjoy our Americana sound.”
Both Darden and Boo have continued successful solo careers, but Evidence remains a favourite. Last year they played a handful of shows in Scotland and England and were amazed and delighted to play to sell out audiences who knew every word. The duo is looking forward to continuing the trend this summer.
- Wednesday 12 June – Glasgow – The Admiral Bar
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre
- West End Festival: Songbird: Ellyn Oliver Sings Eva Cassidy
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham, Cottiers
- Hayes Carll plus Travis Linnvale, Cottiers
- Boo Hewerdine and Darden Smith, The Admiral Bar
- Jess Klein and Mike June, The Doublet Glasgow
- Choral Concert St Marys Episcopal Cathedral
- The Marbles and Friends Live
- Seven Song Club, Lynnie Carson , Rebecca Jordan and Bearpit Brothers
- The Carlton 3, Peat Stew at The Shandon Belles The Buttery
- Jen Fairgrieve at Tchai Ovna House of Tea
- Songs in the South: David Starr, Martha L Healy and Al Shields
- St Louis Jam Sessions