Bob Law: The Winter Wonders of Oban
The Scottish Western Highlands, with a scattered population, can sometimes seem cold, barren and rather bleak in November with endless days of rain, mist covered mountains and little obvious nightlife. The busy sea port of Oban bucks that trend however with ferries travelling from the mainland to various offshore islands, and the town, which lies in a natural bowl, sprawling over several small hills away from the harbour.
Oban at Night
At night the lights of Oban, from shoreline or from approaching ferry, give the place a magical glow and even in the depths of winter the town centre retains a lively feel with its pubs, shops, hotels and entertainment venues packing them in. For holiday makers it’s a gateway to offshore remote delights and fantastic scenery… for islanders it’s a shopping mecca and a taste of small city living yet still with a local feel to it. In good weather, even in November, sunsets can be spectacular and a huge range of outdoor activities lie on the doorstep. During the long dark nights it emits a comforting multi coloured glow with the famous tower lit up like a crown on top.
The Best of Blue Sky Scotland: Adventures off the Beaten Track by Bob Law
This new book – The Best of Blue Sky Scotland. Adventures off the Beaten Track by Bob Law £2:50 is out now on kindle bookstore. You will find 550 original colour photographs and light-hearted accounts of spectacular but little known parts of Scotland that few tourists ever reach including Islay, Jura, Harris, Skye, Rum, Eigg, Canna, Sanday and the Isle of May. It also covers remote Scottish mountain trips and easy five star day walks in the central belt around Glasgow and Edinburgh. A perfect Christmas gift for anyone who likes photography, Scotland, or the outdoors as it must be one of the most comprehensive and heavily illustrated books on the lesser known parts of Scotland away from the Munros and the usual tourist hot spots.
The Best of Blue Sky Scotland. Adventures off the Beaten Track by Bob Law £2:50 is out now on kindle bookstore.
- Bob Law: a selection of photos taken around Glasgow city
- Bob Law: The Pentlands Gallery
- Bob Law Photography: Winter in Scotland, Cnoc Coinnich Day Out
- Bob Law’s photography: The Colours of Autumn in Scotland
- Bob Law’s outdoor blog Scotland: Corra Linn Waterfalls and New Lanark
- Bob Law Blog: Kayaking on Loch Ard
- Bob Law: A Celebration of Spring in Scotland – May, 2017
- Bob Law: Torridon – Collecting Corbetts in the Scottish Mountains
- Bob Law blog and photography: Edinburgh Lights at Christmas
- Bob Law’s Blog: Walking around Burntisland,The Binn, Kinghorn and Firth of Forth
- Bob Law’s Blog: Autumn Colours in Glasgow’s West End
- Bob Law’s blog: A Trip to Gourock and Dunoon
- Bob Law: River Falloch and Loch Lomond, Photography and Kayaking
- Bob Law: Portencross – walking, cycling and photographs
- Bob Law’s Blog and photography: The Magic of Bute and Rothesay
- Bob Law: Glasgow In Colour
- Bob Law: blog and photographs – Millport and Great Cumbrae
- Bob Law: Old Glasgow and the Necropolis
- Bob Law’s blog and photography: Public Art in Scotland
- Bob Law: West End Wildlife and thoughts on Climate Change