Bob Law: Glasgow In Colour
Humans have decorated where they live since they inhabited caves and painted the walls and the roof above them with their fingers. Modern towns and cities are much the same today and can be very colourful places.
As a keen amateur photographer I like to try and capture that vibrant colour and it’s a good antidote in the winter months with weeks of rain and grey drab skies to head for a place that sparkles with artificial light.
With out-of -own shopping centers and retail parks you tend nowadays to shop more locally in your own district instead of heading for the City Centre on a Saturday.
Not working in the heart of the city anymore I’ve haven’t had a reason to go in at night for a couple of years and you forget how beautiful it is after dark.
Perfect for those early winter evenings when it’s nightfall but the shops are still open. Now that spring has arrived the daytime streets burst with splashes of primary colours as well.
It’s just a bigger, more sophisticated cave but we still paint it with our fingers to cheer us up.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
Filed under: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
- Bob Law: A Cycling Trip Around West Lothian
- Bob Law’s Blog: Musselburgh, walking and photography
- Bob Law’s Blog: Ayr Beach – walking and photography
- Bob Law Photography and Walking in Scotland: The John Muir Way
- Bob Law: a selection of photos taken around Glasgow city
- Bob Law: The Pentlands Gallery
- Bob Law Photography: Winter in Scotland, Cnoc Coinnich Day Out
- Bob Law’s photography: The Colours of Autumn in Scotland
- Bob Law’s outdoor blog Scotland: Corra Linn Waterfalls and New Lanark
- Bob Law Blog: Kayaking on Loch Ard
- Bob Law: A Celebration of Spring in Scotland – May, 2017
- Bob Law: Torridon – Collecting Corbetts in the Scottish Mountains
- Bob Law blog and photography: Edinburgh Lights at Christmas
- Bob Law’s Blog: Walking around Burntisland,The Binn, Kinghorn and Firth of Forth
- Bob Law’s Blog: Autumn Colours in Glasgow’s West End
- Bob Law’s blog: A Trip to Gourock and Dunoon
- Bob Law: River Falloch and Loch Lomond, Photography and Kayaking
- Bob Law: Portencross – walking, cycling and photographs
- Bob Law’s Blog and photography: The Magic of Bute and Rothesay
- Bob Law: Glasgow In Colour