Bloody Scotland, 2018
21 – 23 September, 2018
Bloody Scotland has established itself as the leading Scottish International Crime Writing Festival. It all started in 2012 with acclaimed writers Lin Anderson and Alex Gray at the helm, then joined by Craig Robertson and Gordon Brown. Based in Stirling, Bloody Scotland has brought hundreds of crime writers new and established to the stage with always enthusiastic attendees who add to the festival every bit as much as the writers do.
Bloody Scotland prides itself as the literary festival where you can let down your hair and enjoy a drink at the bar with your favourite crime writer, it strives to put on entertaining as well as informative events. The programme covers a range of criminal subjects from fictional forensics, psychological thrillers, tartan noir, cosy crime and many more.
With an international focus at the heart of Bloody Scotland, the organisers are always looking to bring in crime writing talent from outside of Scotland, whom you may not have heard about. Also drawing the crowds is the Scotland v England writers’ football match.
The Bloody Scotland Team 2018: Lin Anderson, Gordon Brown, Craig Robertson, Jenny Brown, Muriel Binnie, Catriona Reynolds, Bob McDevitt, Laura Jones, Abir Mukherjee, Fiona Brownlee & Tim Donald
The Bloody Scotland Programme for 2018
The Bloody Scotland 2018 programme is here!
Including: Irvine Welsh, Louise Penny, Val McDermid, Denise Mina, Stuart MacBride, Ann Cleeves, Quintin Jardine, Peter James & so much more…
- Tidelines Book Festival 2018, Irvine, Scotland
- The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
- The Backstreets of Purgatory, Waterstones Byres Road
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library