Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
808 Crow Rd, Anniesland, Glasgow G13 1LY
A great new cafe has opened in Anniesland – just round the corner from Anniesland Cross and five minutes from the train station.
Michaela Foster Marsh suggested trying out the Beefcake Cafe, when I was meeting her to interview her for my website. We received a very warm welcome from the owners Catriona and Justin Savage and their young sons. Louis and Gil were on holiday from school, giving a hand and picking up some culinary skills. They could not have been more attentive and looked the part in their chefs’ aprons.
The cafe is bright and spacious and Catriona and Justin have done a great job with the decor. They’re full of enthusiasm and intend to specialise in creating everything from scratch, catering for a range of tastes including vegetarian and vegan. On the menu will be home made savoury treats such spinach and ricotta pie, their own recipe vegetarian burgers, plus freshly-baked-on-the-premises scones, pastries and bread.
We were there for hours and had another cuppa and tried out upstairs when Rony arrived. I loved everything and sampled: coffee, tea, scones and some freshly baked raisin pastries. The baking is extra special soI took home a delicious sourdough loaf.
You can also enjoy a beer or glass of wine as Beefcake will be a fully licensed cafe.
‘Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and anything in between!’
Beefcake Cafe will be developed as an ethical business and already plans to sponsor the Starchild Charity and help promote a new project to support children experiencing hardship in Uganda.
The cafe has Wifi, is cosy and welcoming. I’m so pleased that it’s almost on my doorstep. I’ll be popping round often for pleasure and to update my website.
Pat Byrne, February, 2018
Pounds for Posho
Beefcake are supporting a feeding programme in Uganda to help provide Posho – a staple, like porridge – to help provide children with a meal a day. Part of Beefcake café takings will go to support this valuable feeding program.
‘We hope to roll this out to other cafés, restaurants and bars but beefcake is the first to take up this great idea.’ Michaela Foster March at Starchild Charity
Keep up to date with what’s happening at Beefcake Cafe on Facebook.
Telephone: 0141 950 2067
This section: Cafes and Bistros, Eating and drinking Glasgow West End
- Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
- Rumman Festival, Cinema CCA and Eid Celebration Project Cafe
- Bungalow Cafe: Lunch Menu
- Bungalow Cafe at Mother India, Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- New Venture by Mother India, Bungalow Cafe To Open Soon
- Shut Up And Write (SUAW), Tuesdays, Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick
- The Drugstore Social, Cafe´and Cocktail Bar, Yorkhill, Glasgow
- Little Italy Reopens – Bigger and Better than ever, September, 2016
- Bring You Own Baby, Monday Specials at Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick
- Al Fresco Dining Glasgow West End
- Eusebi Italian Deli and Restaurant, Park Road, Kelvinbridge, G4
- Syrian Supper Club The Project Cafe Thursday, 7 Apr 2016
- The Rio Cafe has a new look, November, 2015
- Tchai-Ovna House of Tea, Glasgow West End
- Coffee at The Tardis, Botanic Gardens
- Christmas Craft Fair, Rio Cafe, 17 December, 2014