Balloch Country Park, Loch Lomond – Bob Law: Walks and Photography
Balloch Country Park is well worth a visit. With easy access by train and bus plus car parks right outside the gates of this large park it is convenient for visitors.
Situated beside the town of Balloch and stretching along the eastern shoreline of Loch Lomond it is only 30 minutes from Glasgow along the A82 dual carriageway but feels like mountain wilderness, especially with snow on the ground. A large car park, Train and Bus Station are situated in Balloch right beside the scenic River Leven in Balloch itself . The entrance to the park is a short walk away.
A network of paths lead out through the park on the eastern shore of Loch Lomond with further excellent different walks up the western side of the Loch from the Lomond Shores Complex. From one hour to six hour trips on foot. Tour boats also run from Balloch up the loch.
Both banks of the loch provide excellent flat, easy walking on good paths with great views over the surrounding countryside. If it rains you can find plenty of shelter in the form of mature trees.
As Balloch is on the Highland Boundary Fault, looking north offers wide vistas of peaks and Highland glens.
Alternatively, you can also follow the river downstream to Dumbarton on a good cycling track/walkway so plenty of variety.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
Filed under: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
- Balloch Country Park, Loch Lomond – Bob Law: Walks and Photography
- Bob Law: A Cycling Trip Around West Lothian
- Bob Law’s Blog: Musselburgh, walking and photography
- Bob Law’s Blog: Ayr Beach – walking and photography
- Bob Law Photography and Walking in Scotland: The John Muir Way
- Bob Law: a selection of photos taken around Glasgow city
- Bob Law: The Pentlands Gallery
- Bob Law Photography: Winter in Scotland, Cnoc Coinnich Day Out
- Bob Law’s photography: The Colours of Autumn in Scotland
- Bob Law’s outdoor blog Scotland: Corra Linn Waterfalls and New Lanark
- Bob Law Blog: Kayaking on Loch Ard
- Bob Law: A Celebration of Spring in Scotland – May, 2017
- Bob Law: Torridon – Collecting Corbetts in the Scottish Mountains
- Bob Law blog and photography: Edinburgh Lights at Christmas
- Bob Law’s Blog: Walking around Burntisland,The Binn, Kinghorn and Firth of Forth
- Bob Law’s Blog: Autumn Colours in Glasgow’s West End
- Bob Law’s blog: A Trip to Gourock and Dunoon
- Bob Law: River Falloch and Loch Lomond, Photography and Kayaking
- Bob Law: Portencross – walking, cycling and photographs
- Bob Law’s Blog and photography: The Magic of Bute and Rothesay