Bahookie’s Big Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash, Cottiers
Bahookie’s Big Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash at Cottiers
8 December 2017 – 8:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
Start your Christmas with a bang! (And a jig, and a rocking guitar lick). Join Cottiers and Bahookie for a fantastic dinner and Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash.
Dinner will be served at 6pm, and the ceilidh kicks off at 8pm. Tickets £55 (Dinner & Ceilidh) or £17.50 (Ceilidh only). (ticket price incl. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
A Celtic four piece like no other, Bahookie really are different. How do you mash fiddles with urban dance and rock grooves, then sing luscious melodies over the world’s finest Scottish anthems? These guys know how…..
Comprised of players from the prestigious Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Bahookie have many years of gigging experience between them. With the core members of Scott Arnott (Drums/Vocals), Ross McCrossan (Bass/Guitar) and Neil Thompson (Vocals, Piano and Guitar) having known each other for years, you can certainly see and hear the spirit and unity between them. A true band of brothers….
‘It’s like a Fiddler meets the Foo Fighters and then goes for a pint with Avicii….’ explains Scott. ‘Playing in a band like Bahookie opens so many doors to be more creative than in other bands.’ With recent trips to Norway, Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Bahookie certainly have a worldwide fan base. Bahookie are delighted to be bringing in 2018 at a star studded Hogmanay event in Bangkok, Thailand!
Their recently recorded E.P. in Glasgow’s CaVa studios features the Dougie MacLean classic ‘Rescue Me’ which shows off Neil’s sublime vocals and the band’s musical lushness. ‘It’s great to strip the band back and just sing a song sometimes and really feel like the audience are singing it with you’ mentions Neil. ‘I love the moment when all the sounds we create just fuse together and it feels like you’re creating it for the first time….’
The big Bahookie sound comes from blending Rock, traditional Celtic music with dance beats. ‘Being in Bahookie is like getting all your favourite toys out, putting them in a blender, chucking in some glue and getting the best toy ever!’ laughs Ross.
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night
- Christmas Caroling
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Eusebi Hampers and Pre-prepared Festive Food
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema