Aye Write! Remembering Tom Leonard
(Photography by Carol Peacock: www.carolannpeacock.com/)
Friday 29 March, 2019, 6 p.m. 7 p.m
The Mitchell, North Street, G3 7DN
Jim Carruth, Poet Laureate for Glasgow, and Liz Lochhead (along with some special guests) celebrate the life, work and influence of the poet, writer and critic Tom Leonard.
Best known for his poems written in the Glaswegian dialect, particularly his Six Glasgow Poems and The Six O’Clock News, Tom died in December 2018.
This event is free but ticketed, email email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Tom Leonard’ to book in subject line.
Free but ticketed.
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- The Vice of Hope, GFT
- Tolkein GFT
- DOCMA DocKlub, CCA
- Thunder Road GFT
- Take 2: The Secret of Kells
- Shoplifters GFT
- Sunset GFT
- Rory’s Way GFT
- Masterclass with Peter Strickland and Andy Starke, GFT
- Freedom Fields, GFT
- Drive Me Home GFT
- The King of Paparazzi GFT
- Daughter of Mine, GFT
- Cleo from 5 – 7 GFT
- Beats GFT
- Ash Is Purest White GFT
- Befriending Food Experience Sunday Lunch
- Open Mind Fest – Journalism and Mental Health
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde