Aye Write Festival 2014, Glasgow: Muriel Spark’s Finishing School for Writers, 5th April
Muriel Spark’s Finishing School for Writers
5 Apr 2014 • 3:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Meaghan Delahunt, Zoe Strachan and Alan Taylor reflect on the place of Creative Writing in Spark’s work
Muriel Spark was an editor and teacher of Creative Writing who knew the publishing industry inside out. To mark the 10th anniversary of the publication of her last novel, The Finishing School (2004), Meaghan Delahunt, Zoe Strachan and Alan Taylor reflect on the place of Creative Writing in Spark’s work. Chaired by Willy Maley.
Melbourne born Meaghan Delahunt’s debut novel, In the Blue House, won the Saltire Award for First Novel, and was longlisted for the Orange Prize and her second novel, The Red Book was shortlisted for the Saltire Book of the Year award for 2008.
Glasgow based Zoe Strachan’s first novel, Negative Space, was followed by Spin Cycle and Ever Fallen in Love she also write short stories, libretti, plays, essays and journalism. She also teaches on the Creative Writing Programme at the University of Glasgow.
Alan Taylor has presented and written many TV and radio programmes, is founding editor of The Scottish Review of Books and has written for countless newspapers and magazines from Life and Work to the New Yorker.
- Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow
- Glasgow G3 7DN
- Tel: 0141 287 2999
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper