Aye Write: Bill Oddie, Unplucked, 22nd April, 2015
Bill Oddie: Unplucked
22nd Apr 2015 • 6:00PM – 7:00PM
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow
The face (and voice) of mainstream birdwatching in Britain (and former Goodie) comes to Aye Write to discuss his recent work
Bill Oddie has been the voice and face of birding broadcasting for more than three decades. Those of a certain age will fondly remember Bill as the shortest and hairiest of the trio of The Goodies, a popular and long-running comedy series that followed hot on the heels of Monty Python.
After those heady days, Bill reinvented himself as the face (and voice) of mainstream birdwatching in Britain. He fronted television and radio programmes and wrote widely in the press on subjects close to his heart. We are pleased to welcome Bill to Glasgow with this latest collection of his writings.
Bill will be in discussion with Seona Reid.
Raised in Quinton, Birmingham, William Edgar “Bill” Oddie is a writer, composer, musician, comedian, artist, ornithologist, conservationist and television presenter. He became famous as one of The Goodies. A birdwatcher since childhood he has now established a reputation as an ornithologist, conservationist, and television presenter on wildlife issues. Some of his books are illustrated with his own paintings and drawings. His wildlife programmes for the BBC include: Springwatch/Autumnwatch, How to Watch Wildlife, Wild In Your Garden, Birding with Bill Oddie, Britain Goes Wild with Bill Oddie and Bill Oddie Goes Wild.
- Book Fair at the Botanics 28 and 29 December, 2017
- Jim Sillars Launches In Place of Failure Aye Write 14th September 2015
- An Evening with Janice Galloway, Aye Write 29 September, 2015
- An Evening with Philippa Gregory Aye Write 20th Aug 2015
- An Evening with William Boyd Aye Write 3rd September 2015
- An Audience with David Mitchell Aye Write 15th Aug 2015
- Aye Write, 2015. John Lister-Kaye – review by Maggie Graham.
- Aye Write: A Duo of Debut Authors – Sue Lawrence and Kate Tough review Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2015 Competition
- Aye Write: Showcase of Debut Authors, Sara Baume and Margaret Montgomery
- Sexology Season, Glasgow 18 April – 31 July 2015
- Aye Write 2015: The Midnight Letterbox: Selected Correspondence of Edwin Morgan review by Maggie Graham
- Aye Write 2015: Kate Hamer & Lisa O’Donnell: Family Secrets, Fri 24 April
- Aye Write 2015 Free Events
- Aye Write 23 April: Jackie Kay, Zoe Strachan, Allan Radcliffe & Kerry Hudson: Out There – Scottish LGBT Writing
- Poetry Events Aye Write 2015
- Aye Write 2015, James Morton – review by Mary Irvine
- Aye Write: John Mackay – The Books That Made Me – 18 April, 2015
- Aye Write: Bill Oddie, Unplucked, 22nd April, 2015
- Aye Write: Philip Miller & Matthew Plampin: The ‘Art’ of Fiction 18th Apr 2015