Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
17 March, 2018 4.45 p.m.
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Continuing Aye Write’s tradition of established writers introducing a pair of debut authors, Professor of Creative Writing and author of No Dominion, Louise Welsh introducing: Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar.
The Wicked Cometh – In the murky alleyways of London, the vulnerable poor are disappearing and out of these shadows comes Hester White, a bright young woman who is desperate to escape the slums by any means possible.
Imogen Hermes Gowar
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock – One evening in 1785, Merchant Jonah Hancock hears urgent knocking on his front door. One of his captains is waiting eagerly on the step. He has sold Jonah’s ship for what appears to be a mermaid.
Or buy tickets from the box office on 0141 353 8000
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT