Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
17 March, 2018 4.45 p.m.
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Continuing Aye Write’s tradition of established writers introducing a pair of debut authors, Professor of Creative Writing and author of No Dominion, Louise Welsh introducing: Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar.
The Wicked Cometh – In the murky alleyways of London, the vulnerable poor are disappearing and out of these shadows comes Hester White, a bright young woman who is desperate to escape the slums by any means possible.
Imogen Hermes Gowar
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock – One evening in 1785, Merchant Jonah Hancock hears urgent knocking on his front door. One of his captains is waiting eagerly on the step. He has sold Jonah’s ship for what appears to be a mermaid.
Or buy tickets from the box office on 0141 353 8000
- Spank the Banker Documentary feature film by Samir Mehanovic
- Mid90s, Glasgow Film Festival 2019 review Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Film Festival Launch 2019 + announcement Scottish Premiere Wild Rose
- Arctic, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Sarah Jane Scouten The Doublet
- Cowboy Calypso, WomanSaid and Stephen EvEns
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival