Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
17 March, 2018 4.45 p.m.
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Continuing Aye Write’s tradition of established writers introducing a pair of debut authors, Professor of Creative Writing and author of No Dominion, Louise Welsh introducing: Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar.
The Wicked Cometh – In the murky alleyways of London, the vulnerable poor are disappearing and out of these shadows comes Hester White, a bright young woman who is desperate to escape the slums by any means possible.
Imogen Hermes Gowar
The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock – One evening in 1785, Merchant Jonah Hancock hears urgent knocking on his front door. One of his captains is waiting eagerly on the step. He has sold Jonah’s ship for what appears to be a mermaid.
Or buy tickets from the box office on 0141 353 8000
- A Play, Pie and A Pint: King Keich, OranMor by Louise Welsh
- Luca Manning and Finn Bradley – The Music of Chet Baker
- Nice Thursday Market, Merchants House, Glasgow
- Disability Led Creative Movement CCA Oct/Dec 2018
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA
- Writers for Peace, Project Cafe
- Fiona Burns Mindfulness Course Hillhead Sports Club
- Shake Hands With The Devil, CCA
- Africa in Motion – I Still Hide To Smoke, GFT
- Calibre, GFT
- St Andrew’s Torch Light Parade Glasgow West End
- A Woman Captured GFT
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley