Aye Write 2019: Alan Brown
Coast to Coast Across the Heart of the Highlands
23rd Mar 2019 • 1:15PM – 2:15PM • Mitchell Library
Seeking a temporary escape from city life and a mad modern world, Alan Brown plotted out a personal challenge: an epic coast-to-coast trip through the wild and lonely interior of the Highlands.
Armed with the essentials, and a sense of adventure and curiosity, he discovered more about nature, history, people, his country, the concept of risk, and himself, than he ever thought possible.
In his book Overlander Alan gets to spend time with nature and himself, where he takes his time, wild camping under the stars on a journey of discovery.
0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library