Aye Write, Speakeasy and Open Mic, Mitchell Library, Thursday 9 March, 2017
9 March, 2017 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Scottish Writers’ Centre: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
St. Mungo’s Mirrorball: 7:30 – 8:45 pm
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. The Scottish Writers’ Centre in partnership with Aye Write are hosting a Speakeasy Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to join us.
Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and we’re rocking the theme of Scotland’s History, Myths, and Legends and asking writers to respond.
Please join Scottish Writers’ Centre by submitting something to read, perform, or slam and share you’re writing about Scotland’s World Heritage Sites, ancient monuments, listed building, battlefields, cultural traditions, captivating myths, stories, or legends. We are asking for submissions in any genre about the best of Scotland ‘s historic places, icons and hidden gems! It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action. This is not an evening to miss.
St Mungo’s Mirrorball Poetry Open Mic from 7:30-8:45 pm.
Glasgow’s Poetry Network hosted by Poet Laureate for Glasgow, Jim Carruth offers opportunities for budding and established poets to read their work at this popular open mic session for audiences to experience and enjoy Glasgow’s diverse poetic voice. https://
Currently seeking submissions from writers to read their work. Submissions will be accepted at info@scottishwriterscentre
This a FREE event for all
Blythswood Room, Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019