Aye Write, Speakeasy and Open Mic, Mitchell Library, Thursday 9 March, 2017
9 March, 2017 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Scottish Writers’ Centre: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
St. Mungo’s Mirrorball: 7:30 – 8:45 pm
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. The Scottish Writers’ Centre in partnership with Aye Write are hosting a Speakeasy Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to join us.
Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and we’re rocking the theme of Scotland’s History, Myths, and Legends and asking writers to respond.
Please join Scottish Writers’ Centre by submitting something to read, perform, or slam and share you’re writing about Scotland’s World Heritage Sites, ancient monuments, listed building, battlefields, cultural traditions, captivating myths, stories, or legends. We are asking for submissions in any genre about the best of Scotland ‘s historic places, icons and hidden gems! It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action. This is not an evening to miss.
St Mungo’s Mirrorball Poetry Open Mic from 7:30-8:45 pm.
Glasgow’s Poetry Network hosted by Poet Laureate for Glasgow, Jim Carruth offers opportunities for budding and established poets to read their work at this popular open mic session for audiences to experience and enjoy Glasgow’s diverse poetic voice. https://
Currently seeking submissions from writers to read their work. Submissions will be accepted at info@scottishwriterscentre
This a FREE event for all
Blythswood Room, Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar