Aye Write, Speakeasy and Open Mic, Mitchell Library, Thursday 9 March, 2017
9 March, 2017 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Scottish Writers’ Centre: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
St. Mungo’s Mirrorball: 7:30 – 8:45 pm
Calling all writers! Dust of those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. The Scottish Writers’ Centre in partnership with Aye Write are hosting a Speakeasy Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to join us.
Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone, and we’re rocking the theme of Scotland’s History, Myths, and Legends and asking writers to respond.
Please join Scottish Writers’ Centre by submitting something to read, perform, or slam and share you’re writing about Scotland’s World Heritage Sites, ancient monuments, listed building, battlefields, cultural traditions, captivating myths, stories, or legends. We are asking for submissions in any genre about the best of Scotland ‘s historic places, icons and hidden gems! It’s going to be an evening to remember! Join us for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action. This is not an evening to miss.
St Mungo’s Mirrorball Poetry Open Mic from 7:30-8:45 pm.
Glasgow’s Poetry Network hosted by Poet Laureate for Glasgow, Jim Carruth offers opportunities for budding and established poets to read their work at this popular open mic session for audiences to experience and enjoy Glasgow’s diverse poetic voice. https://
Currently seeking submissions from writers to read their work. Submissions will be accepted at info@scottishwriterscentre
This a FREE event for all
Blythswood Room, Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library