Autumn Speakeasy with Linda Jackson – Scottish Writers Centre, CCA, Tuesday 22 November, 2016
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
Tuesday 22 November at 7.30 p.m.
A taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action hosted by writer and musician, Linda Jackson. This is not an evening to be missed! You will be listening to and discussing music and writers in a relaxing atmosphere as we toast the written word with music and readings in English, Gaelic, and Scots. Celebrating the original spirit of the Speakeasy. So from prose to slam poetry – anything goes!
Linda Jackson will be hosting the Speakeasy to listen to, discuss, and enjoy writing inspired by music. With a cool saxophonist, some guitar expertise, and an interview ‘Spotlight On’ writer, Finola Scott who will be showcasing her work.
Linda Jackson is a writer, a teacher, and a world class musician. With two novels, a variety of poems and short stories published in anthologies, Jackson is a catalyst for others to think, write, and sing. Linda’s music has influenced her writing creating a complex relationship between her stories/poetry and her song lyrics and music. Working across the two mediums has provided cross-fertilisation and inspiration for both her writing and her music.
This is a free Event for All
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan