Art Exhibition by S2 Pupils, Hyndland School, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club 30 March, 2017 for two months.
Paintings by S2 Pupils from Hyndland School will be on dispaly in the newly renovated Clubhouse of Partickhill Bowling and Community Club (46 Partickhill Road, G11 5AB – top of Gardner Street). These paintings will then be on display throughout April and May, 2017 and can be viewed by members of the local community at specific times to be confirmed.
The paintings were produced by the pupils under the guidance of Art Teacher Michelle McCarthy. They originated from a brief they were given to produce designs that might be used for the basis of murals for the outside wall of the clubhouse. This “mural project” has been put on hold, pending further funding but the twenty pictures produced by the pupils have been framed and the display is an excellent example of the creativity, imagination and enthusiasm of young people.
The Exhibition launch on March 30th will be opened by Glasgow Artist Stephen Skrynka and all pupils will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Jimmy Weatherston, President of the Club. This is the first such exhibition to be hosted by the Bowling and Community Club and they are eager to hear from others who might like to hire the space for future exhibitions in the heart of Glasgow West End.
Thanks to Hyndland Fox, Hyndland Post Office and the Usave shop on Clarence Drive for helping to part fund the event.
Any other group who would be interested in hosting an exhibition in the club house please get in touch.
For more information contact:
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School