Art Exhibition by S2 Pupils, Hyndland School, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club 30 March, 2017 for two months.
Paintings by S2 Pupils from Hyndland School will be on dispaly in the newly renovated Clubhouse of Partickhill Bowling and Community Club (46 Partickhill Road, G11 5AB – top of Gardner Street). These paintings will then be on display throughout April and May, 2017 and can be viewed by members of the local community at specific times to be confirmed.
The paintings were produced by the pupils under the guidance of Art Teacher Michelle McCarthy. They originated from a brief they were given to produce designs that might be used for the basis of murals for the outside wall of the clubhouse. This “mural project” has been put on hold, pending further funding but the twenty pictures produced by the pupils have been framed and the display is an excellent example of the creativity, imagination and enthusiasm of young people.
The Exhibition launch on March 30th will be opened by Glasgow Artist Stephen Skrynka and all pupils will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Jimmy Weatherston, President of the Club. This is the first such exhibition to be hosted by the Bowling and Community Club and they are eager to hear from others who might like to hire the space for future exhibitions in the heart of Glasgow West End.
Thanks to Hyndland Fox, Hyndland Post Office and the Usave shop on Clarence Drive for helping to part fund the event.
Any other group who would be interested in hosting an exhibition in the club house please get in touch.
For more information contact:
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019