Art Classes Glasgow: Intuitive Painting Pathways, 26th/27th April, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
Date: 26th/27th April 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Pathways takes you on a two-day journey using a variety of accumulative art techniques using acrylic paints and mixed media to help you go deeper into your own creative process.
This is a time and a place to relax, in a non-judgmental, supportive environment that encourages and allows your intuitive self to explore, experiment, and play.
Be in the moment and with the curiosity of a child open up to the inspiring world of play. In this place of freedom, trust in your own intuitive process and step into the unknown, letting go of expectations. Embrace moments of serendipity (the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way), and be surprised by your discoveries as your own unique creative pathway unfolds to show you the way.
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including a large 100cmx80cm stretched canvas to take away) Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2019
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection Project Ability
- Rites of Spring, Thistle Gallery
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Hand Drawn Action Packed The Hunterian
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Earth Echo Affective Reflection ProjectAbility
- Glasgow School of Art MFA MFA WIP Screening 2, CCA
- Passing Moments Caught in Time…. Thistle Gallery
- The German Revolution at the Hunterian Art Gallery
- Nelson Mandela The Centenary Exhibition The Lighthouse
- Katherine MacBride – Having Been Breathed Out / Patriarchy Over and Out