Art Classes Glasgow: Intuitive Painting Pathways, 26th/27th April, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
Date: 26th/27th April 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Pathways takes you on a two-day journey using a variety of accumulative art techniques using acrylic paints and mixed media to help you go deeper into your own creative process.
This is a time and a place to relax, in a non-judgmental, supportive environment that encourages and allows your intuitive self to explore, experiment, and play.
Be in the moment and with the curiosity of a child open up to the inspiring world of play. In this place of freedom, trust in your own intuitive process and step into the unknown, letting go of expectations. Embrace moments of serendipity (the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way), and be surprised by your discoveries as your own unique creative pathway unfolds to show you the way.
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including a large 100cmx80cm stretched canvas to take away) Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School