Art Classes Glasgow: Intuitive Painting Pathways, 26th/27th April, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
Date: 26th/27th April 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Pathways takes you on a two-day journey using a variety of accumulative art techniques using acrylic paints and mixed media to help you go deeper into your own creative process.
This is a time and a place to relax, in a non-judgmental, supportive environment that encourages and allows your intuitive self to explore, experiment, and play.
Be in the moment and with the curiosity of a child open up to the inspiring world of play. In this place of freedom, trust in your own intuitive process and step into the unknown, letting go of expectations. Embrace moments of serendipity (the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way), and be surprised by your discoveries as your own unique creative pathway unfolds to show you the way.
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including a large 100cmx80cm stretched canvas to take away) Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Claiming Back the Narrative, Refugee Week Scotland 2019
- Summer Time, Summer Place Thistle Gallery
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- DEGREE SHOW Glasgow School of Art 2019
- Glasgow School of Art Master of Fine Art Degree Show 2019
- Fashion Design Students Showcase Degree Show 2019
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Patrick McAlindon at The Glasgow Guild
- Rhona Mühlebach Loch Long Solo Exhibition GFT