Art Classes Glasgow: Intuitive Painting Pathways, 26th/27th April, 2014
with Liz Mitchell
Date: 26th/27th April 2014
10.00 till 4.30 each day
West George College, 20 Sandyford Street, G3 8QJ
Pathways takes you on a two-day journey using a variety of accumulative art techniques using acrylic paints and mixed media to help you go deeper into your own creative process.
This is a time and a place to relax, in a non-judgmental, supportive environment that encourages and allows your intuitive self to explore, experiment, and play.
Be in the moment and with the curiosity of a child open up to the inspiring world of play. In this place of freedom, trust in your own intuitive process and step into the unknown, letting go of expectations. Embrace moments of serendipity (the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way), and be surprised by your discoveries as your own unique creative pathway unfolds to show you the way.
All equipment and materials are provided. (Including a large 100cmx80cm stretched canvas to take away) Tea and snacks are provided. Bring your own lunch.
No prior painting experience is necessary for this experiential process based workshop. Suitable for beginners, students (great for portfolio work) through to professional artists looking to break through a creative block using a different approach. All you need is an open mind.
Liz Mitchell is a professional artist who studied Painting and Printmaking at Glasgow School of Art and has a degree in Art Therapy.
Please contact Liz for more information and to book a place.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend