Angus Peter Campbell / Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul, Creative Conversations
Monday 04 March 2019, 1 – 2 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Angus Peter Campbell (Aonghas Phàdraig Caimbeul) was born on the Island of South Uist. He graduated in Politics and History from the University of Edinburgh, and has worked as a lecturer, lobster-fisherman, forester and builder’s apprentice, and as a newspaper, radio and television journalist.
Sorley MacLean said of him ‘I have no doubts that Angus Peter Campbell is one of the few really significant living poets in Scotland, writing in any language.’ He has four collections of poetry: Aibisidh was published by Polygon in 2011 and won the Scottish Poetry Book of the Year Award in 2012, and his novels in Gaelic win critical acclaim. He was awarded the Bardic Crown for Gaelic Poetry in 2001, and a Creative Scotland Award in 2002. In 2007 Campbell starred in the Gaelic feature film Seachd: The Inaccessible Pinnacle. His English-language novel, Memory and Straw, was published by Luath Press in 2017, and a bi-lingual poetry collection, Stèisean, in 2018.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series poet and novelist Angus Peter Campbell comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- Dialogue Road Show
- Anne Donovan Scottish Writers Centre
- Kathleen Winter, Creative Conversations
- Thoughts and Reflections in Poetry and Song with David Nicoll
- Crossways Irish Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Roseanne Watt & Kate Newmann
- Free Comic Book Day, City Centre Comics