An Evening with William Boyd Aye Write 3rd September 2015
6:30PM – 7:30PM • Mitchell Library
Aye Write! presents acclaimed author William Boyd as he discusses his life and work, and introduces his latest novel, Sweet Caress.
An Evening with William Boyd
Acclaimed author William Boyd joins us to discuss his life and work, and to introduce his latest novel, Sweet Caress, a heart-wrenching tale of love and war in the twentieth century.
Amory’s first memory is of her father doing a handstand. She has memories of him returning on leave during the First World War. But his absences, both actual and emotional, are what she chiefly remembers.
It is her photographer uncle Greville who supplies the emotional bond she needs, and, when he gives her a camera and some rudimentary lessons in photography, unleashes a passion that will irrevocably shape her future.
In this enthralling story of a life fully lived, William Boyd has created a sweeping panorama of some of the most defining moments of modern history, told through the camera lens of one unforgettable woman, Amory Clay. It is his greatest achievement to date.
‘The energy and inventiveness of Boyd’s storytelling is breathtaking’ (London Review of Books)
William Boyd is the author of eleven novels, including A Good Man in Africa, An Ice Cream War, Any Human Heart, and Restless, winner of the Costa Novel of the Year, and a Richard & Judy selection.
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Book Fair at the Botanics 28 and 29 December, 2017
- Jim Sillars Launches In Place of Failure Aye Write 14th September 2015
- An Evening with Janice Galloway, Aye Write 29 September, 2015
- An Evening with Philippa Gregory Aye Write 20th Aug 2015
- An Evening with William Boyd Aye Write 3rd September 2015
- An Audience with David Mitchell Aye Write 15th Aug 2015
- Aye Write, 2015. John Lister-Kaye – review by Maggie Graham.
- Aye Write: A Duo of Debut Authors – Sue Lawrence and Kate Tough review Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2015 Competition
- Aye Write: Showcase of Debut Authors, Sara Baume and Margaret Montgomery
- Sexology Season, Glasgow 18 April – 31 July 2015
- Aye Write 2015: The Midnight Letterbox: Selected Correspondence of Edwin Morgan review by Maggie Graham
- Aye Write 2015: Kate Hamer & Lisa O’Donnell: Family Secrets, Fri 24 April
- Aye Write 2015 Free Events
- Aye Write 23 April: Jackie Kay, Zoe Strachan, Allan Radcliffe & Kerry Hudson: Out There – Scottish LGBT Writing
- Poetry Events Aye Write 2015
- Aye Write 2015, James Morton – review by Mary Irvine
- Aye Write: John Mackay – The Books That Made Me – 18 April, 2015
- Aye Write: Bill Oddie, Unplucked, 22nd April, 2015
- Aye Write: Philip Miller & Matthew Plampin: The ‘Art’ of Fiction 18th Apr 2015