An Evening with William Boyd Aye Write 3rd September 2015
6:30PM – 7:30PM • Mitchell Library
Aye Write! presents acclaimed author William Boyd as he discusses his life and work, and introduces his latest novel, Sweet Caress.
An Evening with William Boyd
Acclaimed author William Boyd joins us to discuss his life and work, and to introduce his latest novel, Sweet Caress, a heart-wrenching tale of love and war in the twentieth century.
Amory’s first memory is of her father doing a handstand. She has memories of him returning on leave during the First World War. But his absences, both actual and emotional, are what she chiefly remembers.
It is her photographer uncle Greville who supplies the emotional bond she needs, and, when he gives her a camera and some rudimentary lessons in photography, unleashes a passion that will irrevocably shape her future.
In this enthralling story of a life fully lived, William Boyd has created a sweeping panorama of some of the most defining moments of modern history, told through the camera lens of one unforgettable woman, Amory Clay. It is his greatest achievement to date.
‘The energy and inventiveness of Boyd’s storytelling is breathtaking’ (London Review of Books)
William Boyd is the author of eleven novels, including A Good Man in Africa, An Ice Cream War, Any Human Heart, and Restless, winner of the Costa Novel of the Year, and a Richard & Judy selection.
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018