An Evening with William Boyd Aye Write 3rd September 2015
6:30PM – 7:30PM • Mitchell Library
Aye Write! presents acclaimed author William Boyd as he discusses his life and work, and introduces his latest novel, Sweet Caress.
An Evening with William Boyd
Acclaimed author William Boyd joins us to discuss his life and work, and to introduce his latest novel, Sweet Caress, a heart-wrenching tale of love and war in the twentieth century.
Amory’s first memory is of her father doing a handstand. She has memories of him returning on leave during the First World War. But his absences, both actual and emotional, are what she chiefly remembers.
It is her photographer uncle Greville who supplies the emotional bond she needs, and, when he gives her a camera and some rudimentary lessons in photography, unleashes a passion that will irrevocably shape her future.
In this enthralling story of a life fully lived, William Boyd has created a sweeping panorama of some of the most defining moments of modern history, told through the camera lens of one unforgettable woman, Amory Clay. It is his greatest achievement to date.
‘The energy and inventiveness of Boyd’s storytelling is breathtaking’ (London Review of Books)
William Boyd is the author of eleven novels, including A Good Man in Africa, An Ice Cream War, Any Human Heart, and Restless, winner of the Costa Novel of the Year, and a Richard & Judy selection.
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper