An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
18 October, 2018
Project Cafe, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
Join us in Glasgow for an Evening with Nawal Slemiah, founder of Women in Hebron.
Women in Hebron is a Palestinian nonprofit fair trade cooperative under the Idna Cooperative Association for Embroidery and Handicrafts. It was founded by Nawal in 2005 and is now one of the largest co-operatives of it’s kind working in the West Bank.
Come along to listen to Nawal speak about the challenges she faced founding the co-operative in the divided city of Hebron, life under occupation and learn about sumud (steadfastness)!
Nawal will be answering questions at the end of the talk.
Entry is free and there will be a selection of Women in Hebron crafts for sale on the evening.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- Dialogue Road Show
- Anne Donovan Scottish Writers Centre
- Kathleen Winter, Creative Conversations
- Thoughts and Reflections in Poetry and Song with David Nicoll
- Crossways Irish Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Roseanne Watt & Kate Newmann
- Free Comic Book Day, City Centre Comics
- Booked Festival Wendy Erskine
- Hungry Cities, Redesigning Our Relationship to Food
- Poverty in Britain today – Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour
- Crossways -Irish/Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Glasgow
- Graham Fulton – Glitches of Mortality Book Launch