An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
18 October, 2018
Project Cafe, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
Join us in Glasgow for an Evening with Nawal Slemiah, founder of Women in Hebron.
Women in Hebron is a Palestinian nonprofit fair trade cooperative under the Idna Cooperative Association for Embroidery and Handicrafts. It was founded by Nawal in 2005 and is now one of the largest co-operatives of it’s kind working in the West Bank.
Come along to listen to Nawal speak about the challenges she faced founding the co-operative in the divided city of Hebron, life under occupation and learn about sumud (steadfastness)!
Nawal will be answering questions at the end of the talk.
Entry is free and there will be a selection of Women in Hebron crafts for sale on the evening.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper