An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
18 October, 2018
Project Cafe, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
Join us in Glasgow for an Evening with Nawal Slemiah, founder of Women in Hebron.
Women in Hebron is a Palestinian nonprofit fair trade cooperative under the Idna Cooperative Association for Embroidery and Handicrafts. It was founded by Nawal in 2005 and is now one of the largest co-operatives of it’s kind working in the West Bank.
Come along to listen to Nawal speak about the challenges she faced founding the co-operative in the divided city of Hebron, life under occupation and learn about sumud (steadfastness)!
Nawal will be answering questions at the end of the talk.
Entry is free and there will be a selection of Women in Hebron crafts for sale on the evening.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018