An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
18 October, 2018
Project Cafe, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
Join us in Glasgow for an Evening with Nawal Slemiah, founder of Women in Hebron.
Women in Hebron is a Palestinian nonprofit fair trade cooperative under the Idna Cooperative Association for Embroidery and Handicrafts. It was founded by Nawal in 2005 and is now one of the largest co-operatives of it’s kind working in the West Bank.
Come along to listen to Nawal speak about the challenges she faced founding the co-operative in the divided city of Hebron, life under occupation and learn about sumud (steadfastness)!
Nawal will be answering questions at the end of the talk.
Entry is free and there will be a selection of Women in Hebron crafts for sale on the evening.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Frank Quitely The Comics That Made Me
- Tracey Thorn at Aye Write
- Open Mic Tuesdays at Queen Margaret Union
- David Keenan and Chris McQueer in Conversation
- Lorna Goodison, Poet Laureate of Jamaica in Conversation with Louise Welsh
- Clochoderick Press Presents an Evening of Poetry and Spoken Word
- Women in Islam Exhibition
- Book Launch: Handle with Care and other stories by Ann MacLaren
- Tandem at The Tron
- OK Fest – Kilmacolm’s Festival of Sound
- Sisters and Seamonsters – Chiara Berardelli
- Creative Conversations: Mark Cousins
- St Mungo’s Mirrorball Mirrorball Poetry Showcase February, 2019