An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
18 October, 2018
Project Cafe, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
Join us in Glasgow for an Evening with Nawal Slemiah, founder of Women in Hebron.
Women in Hebron is a Palestinian nonprofit fair trade cooperative under the Idna Cooperative Association for Embroidery and Handicrafts. It was founded by Nawal in 2005 and is now one of the largest co-operatives of it’s kind working in the West Bank.
Come along to listen to Nawal speak about the challenges she faced founding the co-operative in the divided city of Hebron, life under occupation and learn about sumud (steadfastness)!
Nawal will be answering questions at the end of the talk.
Entry is free and there will be a selection of Women in Hebron crafts for sale on the evening.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA
- Writers for Peace, Project Cafe
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Muse at St Louis – A Night of Justice
- Something Good Will Always Happen – Graham Fulton
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Motherhood Loss and Legacy, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Maya Chowdhry, Creative Conversations
- Thomas Muir Festival 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow, An Afternoon of Talks
- MCSTAPE – Book Launch Stephen Watt and special guests
- Red Squirrel Press: Poets Read from New Publications
- Outside The Narrative: Stephanie Young and Tom Leonard
- Talks at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- National Poetry Day Slam
- Brian Whittingham: Walking Between Worlds
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow