An Evening with Ian Rankin OranMor, Tuesday, 03 November, 2015
An Evening with Ian Rankin
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Tuesday, 03 November, 2015 at 6:30pm
An evening with Ian Rankin who will be launching his new book, Even Dogs in the Wild.
Detective Inspector Siobhan Clarke is investigating the death of a senior lawyer during a robbery. But the case becomes more complex when a note is discovered, indicating that this may have been no random attack, and when local gangster Big Ger Cafferty receives an identical message, Clarke decides that the recently retired John Rebus may be able to help. He’s the only man Cafferty will open up to, and together the two old adversaries might just stand a chance of saving Cafferty’s skin. But a notorious family has arrived in Edinburgh, too, tailed by a team of undercover detectives. There’s something they want, and they’ll stop at nothing to get it. DI Malcolm Fox’s job is to provide the undercover squad with local expertise, but he’s soon drawn in too deep as the two cases look like colliding. And meantime, an anonymous killer stalks the night time streets, focussed on revenge. It’s a game of dog eat dog – in the city as in the wild.
Ian Rankin is the internationally bestselling author of the Inspector Rebus and Detective Malcolm Fox novels, as well as a string of standalone thrillers. His books have been translated into 36 languages and are bestsellers on several continents. Ian is the recipient of four CWA Dagger Awards and in 2004, won America’s celebrated Edgar Award. He is also the recipient of honorary degrees from the universities of Abertay, St Andrews, Hull and Edinburgh and received the OBE for services to literature. He was recently made a fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
Doors 6.30 p.m. Starts 7.00 p.m.
08444 77 1000
or available behind the bar.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 208 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Aye Write! 2018 Celebration of writing from community-based literacy and creative learners
- Graeme Macrae Burnet Aye Write! 2018
- Poet JL Williams – Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Cinemaattic presents Psiconautas + Q&A at CCA, Glasgow
- Muriel Spark 100: Appointment in Arezzo, National Library, Edinburgh
- Aye Write! 2018 David Wardell and Finn the fabulous police dog 18 March, 2018
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- St Mungo Mirrorball Showcase, CCA, 1 February, 2018
- Aye Write! 2018 Alan Taylor, Candia McWilliam, Zoe Strachan Muriel Spark: A Centenary Celebration
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Aye Write! 2018 Stuart Cosgrove, Memphis 68
- Tune in to the story of Scotland’s Radio with Tony Currie at Glasgow Art Club
- Oxfam Bookshop Byres Road Book Group
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- Ruby Wax at Aye Write! 2018
- Creative Conversations, Sanjeev Kohli and Donald McLeary
- Tom Hubbard, Ten Slavonic Dances, Scottish Writers’ Centre