Americana Exhibition at ProjectAbility 7 – 29 October, 2016
Patrick Butterworth works in ProjectAbility's ReConnect studios and he is a highly skilled and focused painter. Patrick has a love for old Western films, iconic characters of cowboys and gun slingers. Many of his paintings are taken from film stills, and meticulously translated onto canvas in close to picture perfect realism. It is often hard to tell from a short distance away if these pieces are paintings or photographic reproductions taken from the films they portray. He is a master with paint and brush and you can see the love he has for his subject matter in each picture he paints.
The characters speak for themselves and we can see them as both the actors they really are and the gun slingers they portray on screen. The ‘wild wild west’ in North America has a legendary status worldwide, and it is hard not to be fascinated by the stories from this period. Lawlessness and rebellion are rife in these times and this can be seen and felt in the paintings that make up Americana.
ProjectAbility is delighted to have this opportunity to exhibit these paintings as a whole body of work. They have been months and even years in the making, and will be appreciated and admired both for their skill in execution and the stories they tell.
This section: Art - what's on, What's On Glasgow West End
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017