Americana Exhibition at ProjectAbility 7 – 29 October, 2016
Patrick Butterworth works in ProjectAbility’s ReConnect studios and he is a highly skilled and focused painter. Patrick has a love for old Western films, iconic characters of cowboys and gun slingers. Many of his paintings are taken from film stills, and meticulously translated onto canvas in close to picture perfect realism. It is often hard to tell from a short distance away if these pieces are paintings or photographic reproductions taken from the films they portray. He is a master with paint and brush and you can see the love he has for his subject matter in each picture he paints.
The characters speak for themselves and we can see them as both the actors they really are and the gun slingers they portray on screen. The ‘wild wild west’ in North America has a legendary status worldwide, and it is hard not to be fascinated by the stories from this period. Lawlessness and rebellion are rife in these times and this can be seen and felt in the paintings that make up Americana.
ProjectAbility is delighted to have this opportunity to exhibit these paintings as a whole body of work. They have been months and even years in the making, and will be appreciated and admired both for their skill in execution and the stories they tell.
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019