Alphonse Mucha In Quest of Beauty 8 October 2016 – 19 February, 2017
Exhibition ends 19 February, 2017
The exhibition explores the work and legacy of the Czech painter and decorative artist Alphonse Mucha (1860–1939).
Through his stylish andbeautiful theatrical and advertising posters, the exhibition examines how ‘le style Mucha’ evolved and became synonymous with the international Art Nouveau style. It also examines the often-hidden, skilled draughtsmanship behind Mucha’s internationally recognisable designs,and explores how his artistic philosophy influenced his later career.
Alongside works by Mucha feature several key objects from Glasgow’s own collection; artworks that demonstrate the interchange of artistic ideas between Scotland, the rest of the UK, and continental Europe.
£5/£3 Buy ticket online
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.