Aloud, Freshers’ Special, Tuesday 15 September, 2015, QMU, University of Glasgow
Aloud Freshers’ Special
September 15, 2015
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow, Queen Margaret Union, 22 University Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QN
Events all DAY
Poetry! Spoken word! Story-telling! Prose! Words! Sounds! Noises!
Welcome to Aloud, the QMU’s monthly literary open mic night and more. Have you spoken words before? Have you never spoken words before? Regardless of your word speaking ability, prowess or experience Aloud is here for you. Come speak your words to a captive, encouraging and badass audience this Freshers’ Week. We’ll even help you write some of them!
EVENT #1 – Aloud’s Creative Writing Workshop – SCRAN, QMU (Second Floor) – Tuesday 15th – 11am – Free
The ONLY way to spend a Tuesday morning! Come and enjoy our fun and stress-free writing environment, learn some tips from ALOUD’s veteran performers and writers and meet fellow word enthusiasts.
EVENT #2 – Aloud’s Open Mic w/ Very Special Headliners CARLY BROWN and BRAM E. GIEBEN – Jim’s Bar, QMU (First Floor) – Thursday 17th – 2-5pm – Free
The legends are true: the ALOUD open mic is hitting Freshers’ Week hard with bedazzling poetics. Everyone is invited to take to the stage, whether you’re a seasoned performer or trying it out for the first time. Sign-up sheet open from 2pm and will be available throughout the event.
And to top all that off, come along to see two Scottish Slam Champions!
Headlining on Thursday we are extremely excited to have along Carly Brown and Bram E. Gieben!
So COME! Do Poems! Write things! Meet People! Be part of the Spoken Word Revolution!
Find out more about Aloud at:
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, What's on Glasgow: Students
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St