Aloud, Freshers’ Special, Tuesday 15 September, 2015, QMU, University of Glasgow
Aloud Freshers’ Special
September 15, 2015
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow, Queen Margaret Union, 22 University Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QN
Events all DAY
Poetry! Spoken word! Story-telling! Prose! Words! Sounds! Noises!
Welcome to Aloud, the QMU’s monthly literary open mic night and more. Have you spoken words before? Have you never spoken words before? Regardless of your word speaking ability, prowess or experience Aloud is here for you. Come speak your words to a captive, encouraging and badass audience this Freshers’ Week. We’ll even help you write some of them!
EVENT #1 – Aloud’s Creative Writing Workshop – SCRAN, QMU (Second Floor) – Tuesday 15th – 11am – Free
The ONLY way to spend a Tuesday morning! Come and enjoy our fun and stress-free writing environment, learn some tips from ALOUD’s veteran performers and writers and meet fellow word enthusiasts.
EVENT #2 – Aloud’s Open Mic w/ Very Special Headliners CARLY BROWN and BRAM E. GIEBEN – Jim’s Bar, QMU (First Floor) – Thursday 17th – 2-5pm – Free
The legends are true: the ALOUD open mic is hitting Freshers’ Week hard with bedazzling poetics. Everyone is invited to take to the stage, whether you’re a seasoned performer or trying it out for the first time. Sign-up sheet open from 2pm and will be available throughout the event.
And to top all that off, come along to see two Scottish Slam Champions!
Headlining on Thursday we are extremely excited to have along Carly Brown and Bram E. Gieben!
So COME! Do Poems! Write things! Meet People! Be part of the Spoken Word Revolution!
Find out more about Aloud at:
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, What's on Glasgow: Students
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine
- Fail Better Open Mic, Villiers & Co