Almeida Theatre, Live Broadcast of Richard III to Cinemas around the World Thursday 21 July, 2016
Thursday 21 July, 2016
THE ALMEIDA THEATRE ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF ALMEIDA THEATRE LIVE WITH A LIVE BROADCAST OF RICHARD III TO CINEMAS AROUND THE WORLD, IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PICTUREHOUSE ENTERTAINMENT
The first Almeida Theatre Live broadcast will be RICHARD III, in partnership with distributor Picturehouse Entertainment, produced by Illuminations and broadcast to cinemas around the world on 21 July
The Almeida will broadcast Artistic Director Rupert Goold’s production of RICHARD III, with Ralph Fiennes as Shakespeare’s most notorious villain and Vanessa Redgrave as Queen Margaret, live to cinemas in the UK and around the world on 21 July.
Almeida Theatre Live will give worldwide audiences the opportunity to see plays from the stage at the Almeida’s London home for the first time. The Almeida Theatre and distributor Picturehouse Entertainment are partnering to broadcast RICHARD III, produced by Illuminations.
The production will be filmed using multiple cameras around the stage and auditorium, with John Wyver as producer. Wyver currently produces the RSC Live from Stratford-Upon-Avon international broadcasts, and with Illuminations he previously worked on filmed versions for the BBC of Hamlet with David Tennant and Macbeth with Patrick Stewart, which was directed by Rupert Goold. For the screen, Rupert also directed Richard II for the BBC’s The Hollow Crown series.
Rupert Goold said: “The chance to take the work of the Almeida to international audiences via live cinema screening is a new and timely venture for us that I’m extremely excited about. Working with Picturehouse Entertainment and Illuminations on this broadcast I’m really looking forward to seeing how audiences around the world react to our Richard III on the big screen.”
Alice Frain, Head of Business Affairs at Picturehouse Entertainment said: “We are thrilled to be giving audiences around the world their first opportunity to see the extraordinary work of the Almeida Theatre. Richard III is the perfect start for the Almeida Live broadcasts, bringing one of Shakespeare’s best known characters, in the 400th anniversary year of the Bard’s death, to the big screen, another superb addition to live theatre content in cinemas.”
For details of screenings and booking information for the Almeida Theatre Live broadcast of RICHARD III, check local cinema listings or visit www.live.almeida.co.uk
The full cast of RICHARD III is: David Annen, Joseph Arkley, Osman Baig, Benedict Barker, Tom Canton, Daniel Cerqueira, Simon Coates, Josh Collins, Susan Engel, Ralph Fiennes (Richard III), James Garnon, Mark Hadfield, Scott Handy, Lev Levermore, Finbar Lynch, Aislίn McGuckin, Joseph Mydell, Lukas Parish, Vanessa Redgrave (Queen Margaret), Joshua Riley, Lukas Rolfe , Joanna Vanderham, Baxter Westby and Oliver Whitehouse.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Shake Hands With The Devil, CCA
- Africa in Motion – I Still Hide To Smoke, GFT
- Calibre, GFT
- A Woman Captured GFT
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- Teenage Superstars, GFT
- Decolonising the Speculative: Journeys to African Futures – Africa in Motion 2018
- Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow
- CINE[STHESIA] – Scots and America, Kelvin Hall
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre