Allan Tall Cottiers 18 August, 2016
18 Aug 2016 – 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
(Just confirmed Allan Tall will be joined by special guest Terry Neason who will perform with him in Cottiers on 18 August. Friends and collaborators since 7:84 Theatre and Wildcat, they last shared the stage in Terry’s band of the ’90’s. He will also be joined by another special guest Fraser Spiers, with whom Allan first played at the Edinburgh Festival back in 1968 ! … this is a show not to miss …)
Tickets £13.50 (inc. ticket admin fee) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
Allan Tall’s music is beautiful! One of the finest musician-actors on the Scottish stage. – The Scotsman
Outstanding ! – John Renbourn
His playing was everything it should be and more. He somehow managed to fill in the bottom end with gutsy chords and produce twinkling other world embellishments at the same time. Or was is magic? – The Living Tradition
Don’t miss this man ! – Rock ’n’ Reel
From his roots performing at Glasgow Folk Centre, the Maryland and the Picasso through his work with James Kelman, Tom Leonard, Alan Spence, Liz Lochhead and Alasdair Gray, to his work with the legendary 7:84 and Wildcat Theatre Company, Allan Tall has built a reputation as one of the finest musician-actors on the Scottish stage.
He has toured and recorded with folk icon Dick Gaughan and has worked with such notable companies as Cornelius Cardew’s Scratch Orchestra, Tom McGrath’s Other People, Borderline Theatre Company, 7:84 (original AND 7:84 England), Wildcat and his own Roughcast Theatre.
On guitar, flute and saxophone, he has played with poets from Allen Ginsberg to Adrian Mitchell, musicians from John Renbourn and Isaac Guillory to Tim Hardin and Aly Bain. He has played in several bands, worked with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra, toured with Capella Nova and recorded a well regarded CD of his own songs.
He’s appeared in films with Romy Schneider, Harvey Keitel, Mel Gibson, Bill Forsyth and Ray McAnally. On TV, he’s performed alongside Richard Briers, Robbie Coltrane and Chic Murray and has featured in Monarch of the Glen, High Road, Hamish MacBeth and several episodes of the classic crime drama Taggart.
This is a seated event. Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium). Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol, GFT
- White Christmas, GFT
- Frozen Sing-a-long GFT
- Won’t You Be My Neighbour, GFT
- Home Alone GFT
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Nae Pasaran GFT
- Christmas Caroling
- Support Glasgow Film Theatre
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel