Alice in Weegieland, The Tron
TRON THEATRE COMPANY PRESENTS
ALICE IN WEEGIELAND
1st December 2017 – 7th January 2018
Have I gone mad? I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.
Alice is bored! All this talk of Brexit, Trump and yet another series of Celebrity Big Brother is beyond depressing. And then if things weren’t bad enough she has her ballet exam today and can’t remember the difference between good toes and naughty toes!
Alice decides to skip the exam and follow a mysterious white rabbit speaking an incomprehensible language (that’s the Glesga-banter tae you and me) down a rabbit hole and finds herself awakening in…..
WEEGIELAND: a pantospherical wonderland populated with talking creatures, maniacal power-hungry queens and a fella who can get you a pirate copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them Part 6 before its even been written yet.
Will Alice ever want to leave the pantosphere? Will the Mad Bad Cat in the Hatter ever find some patter that really matters? Will the Queen of Hearts ever find something she loves more than another public beheading?
Find out in this year’s Tron Panto.
Written by Johnny McKnight
Directed & designed by Kenny Miller
Lighting design by James Smith
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Pantos and Christmas Shows in Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Ashton Lane Hogmanay Street Party 2017
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Book Fair at the Botanics 28 and 29 December, 2017
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Screening and Toy Collection for Shelter Scotland, OranMor
- Christmas at GFT, 3 – 23 December, 2017
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Christmas Markets Glasgow City Centre – 9 November – 22 December, 2017
- The Glasgow Guild Christmas Department Store
- Called You Last Night From Glasgow, Club Night, Broadcast
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Avant Garde, Friday 22 December, 2017
- The Hidden Lane Late Night Shopping for Christmas
- Santa’s Magical Grotto at Lomond Shores until 24 December, 2017
- Mother India Christmas Menu
- Mistletoe and Mystery Evening , Partick Burgh Hall
- Merchant Square Christmas Craft Fair
- Christmas Drive In Movies, The Riverside Museum