Book Launch: Alex Gray – The Darkest Goodbye Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 3 March, 2016
Alex Gray – The Darkest Goodbye – Thursday 3 March, 2016 – 6.30 p.m.
Waterstones Argyle St, 174-176 Argyle Street, GlasgowG2 8BT
The Wait I Over
Best selling and award winning author Alex Gray is back with us with her astoundingly fantastic new book.
Don’t miss what is always a great event so book early to avoid disappointment.
When an elderly woman is found dead at her home, newly fledged DC Kirsty Wilson is called to the scene. It appears that the woman had a mysterious visitor in the early hours of that morning – someone dressed as a carer, but with much darker intentions. It soon becomes obvious that this was not death by natural causes, in fact, it was murder. Before she can catch her breath, DC Wilson is thrown in at the deep end as another body turns up – this time it’s a gruesome crime scene, the victim a well-known drug dealer from Glasgow’s mean streets, and there’s no question that this was a brutal execution.
The two cases appear to have nothing in common, but when a second vulnerable person is murdered in their sleep, the police realise that it’s only a matter of time before the next victim emerges and Detective Superintendent William Lorimer is called in to help DC Wilson investigate. This case is big and it’s about to get more personal than either of them could have imagined…
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper