Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
Thu 18 January — Sat 27 January 2018
Mon-Sun: 12noon-5pm (closed Mon 22 Jan), Free, Intermedia
Film screening: 26 January, 8pm, Cinema
0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Fri 26 January 2018
This special exhibition gathers Vazquez’s both graphic and audiovisual work together. It presents how the artist adapted his comics and illustration books into animated films. The work of Alberto Vazquez draws from traditional fairy tales and fables, adapting them to reflect contemporary points of view with strong political and ecological echoes. The protagonists in these stories are animal characters on fantasy planets that closely mirror the human world we live in.
Alberto Vazquez has changed the Spanish modern animation landscape with his distinctive artistic style that doesn’t resemble anything made before it in the national cinema. With a dark sense of humour, Vázquez’s films show an innovative approach to translating the techniques and devices from his original comics to animation.
The exhibition is part of an overall retrospective in the work of Alberto Vazquez, which includes masterclasses, workshops and film screenings in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Valentine Haiku by Leela Soma
- Hearts for Art’s Sake, Valentine’s Gifts at Thistle Gallery
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Everything in my Etsy shop is on sale: framed prints include classic views of the West End
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Poetry at Inn Deep, Tuesday 14 November, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
- Carol Dunbar, Gallery Owner: Local Character, Glasgow West End