Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
Thu 18 January — Sat 27 January 2018
Mon-Sun: 12noon-5pm (closed Mon 22 Jan), Free, Intermedia
Film screening: 26 January, 8pm, Cinema
0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Fri 26 January 2018
This special exhibition gathers Vazquez’s both graphic and audiovisual work together. It presents how the artist adapted his comics and illustration books into animated films. The work of Alberto Vazquez draws from traditional fairy tales and fables, adapting them to reflect contemporary points of view with strong political and ecological echoes. The protagonists in these stories are animal characters on fantasy planets that closely mirror the human world we live in.
Alberto Vazquez has changed the Spanish modern animation landscape with his distinctive artistic style that doesn’t resemble anything made before it in the national cinema. With a dark sense of humour, Vázquez’s films show an innovative approach to translating the techniques and devices from his original comics to animation.
The exhibition is part of an overall retrospective in the work of Alberto Vazquez, which includes masterclasses, workshops and film screenings in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh Design: House For An Art Lover – Photo Gallery
- Isle of Bute. May 2018.
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Frostpinni!, The Lighthouse
- Ross Birrell The Transit of Hermes, CCA
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Ciara Phillips Show Me Your Glow, Glasgow Print Studio, Glasgow International
- Still Moving: Films and Photographs of Ulrike Ottinger, The Hunterian
- Queen Mother Women’s Art Group Exhibition at ProjectAbility
- Unbuilt Mackintosh, The Hunterian