Alasdair Gray, From the Personal to the Universal, Kelvingrove, 11 October, 2014 – 22 February, 2015
Alasdair Gray Life’s Work Retrospective
From the Personal to the Universal
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Opens Saturday 11th October until February 22nd, 2015
Celebration of Alasdair Gray’s work at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is delighted to be staging this major ‘life’s work’ retrospective in celebration of Alasdair Gray’s 80th birthday in December. The exhibition will feature around 100 works, including several loans from private and other collections, and covers Gray’s work from his student days at Glasgow School of Art right up to the present day.
I sneaked a peek today (9th October) at the shop, situated next to the exhibition – lots of great merchandise including limited edition prints, some nifty jewellery, Alasdair’s books and all sorts of other stuff.
I am really looking forward to the exhibition – Alasdair Gray is a most remarkable, mutli-talented and most likeable of men.
Opening on Saturday 11 October, Alasdair Gray: From the Personal to the Universal will be open in Kelvingrove’s temporary exhibition space on the lower ground floor until Sunday 22 February 2015.
Tickets are £5 Adults/ £3 Concessions
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
This section: Art - what's on, Galleries, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Don’t miss the summer sale at Jasmine, Glasgow West End
- The Lansdowne Mother India Tapas review by Pat Byrne
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- TransEurope Café Glasgow
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Claiming Back the Narrative, Refugee Week Scotland 2019
- The Pieman Cometh Oran Mor West End Festival 2019
- Summer Time, Summer Place Thistle Gallery