Alasdair Gray, From the Personal to the Universal, Kelvingrove, 11 October, 2014 – 22 February, 2015
Alasdair Gray Life’s Work Retrospective
From the Personal to the Universal
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Opens Saturday 11th October until February 22nd, 2015
Celebration of Alasdair Gray’s work at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is delighted to be staging this major ‘life’s work’ retrospective in celebration of Alasdair Gray’s 80th birthday in December. The exhibition will feature around 100 works, including several loans from private and other collections, and covers Gray’s work from his student days at Glasgow School of Art right up to the present day.
I sneaked a peek today (9th October) at the shop, situated next to the exhibition – lots of great merchandise including limited edition prints, some nifty jewellery, Alasdair’s books and all sorts of other stuff.
I am really looking forward to the exhibition – Alasdair Gray is a most remarkable, mutli-talented and most likeable of men.
Opening on Saturday 11 October, Alasdair Gray: From the Personal to the Universal will be open in Kelvingrove’s temporary exhibition space on the lower ground floor until Sunday 22 February 2015.
Tickets are £5 Adults/ £3 Concessions
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
This section: Art - what's on, Galleries, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Denise Noone Bathing Bells at Govanhill Baths review by Pat Byrne
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Brushes With War, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Bathing Bells Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- Young Talent Exhibition, ProjectAbility Glasgow
- Shaping Their World, Thistle Gallery
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Women’s Suffrage in Glasgow Exhibition, The Mitchell
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Cryptic Sonica in Glasgow 2018 – Portal, Pivot and Visaurihelix
- ‘Cityscapes’ on the Horizon, Thistle Gallery
- The Great Big Mackintosh Bus Tour, Glasgow
- Rosengarten, The Hunterian
- Steven Berkoff: Gorbals 1966
- Looking out to New Horizons… Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- HYPERMARKET – ART CAR BOOT, SWG3 2018
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Summer Show 2018, Ardarden Farm Shop
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend