Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
Sunday 7th July, 2019 2p.m. – 5 p.m. (with break)
A Nod to John Martyn with Alan Murphy
‘I remember where I was when I heard my first John Martyn album “So Far So Good” in 1977 and it gave me a direction in music which lasts to this day.
I’ve watched John live in Glasgow Students Union – Met him after the gig at Edinburgh Odeon 1978 – Glasgow Sub Club – Glasgow Pavilion Theatre – Glasgow Concert hall – & Dublin Vicar Street.
I am very grateful to have played Solid Air and You Can Discover with Danny Thompson at a John Martyn music gathering, watched him playing Good By Pork Pie Hat, and listened to some of his stories over breakfast.
I’ve bought his “Wotcher” T shirt with his own sketch of his lifelong bass…Victoria.
John died on the 29th of January 2009. On this tenth anniversary year I played a remembrance gig and it was a pleasure to revisit John’s songs. I would like to again share some of his music along with my own compositions as a “Nod to JM” in the fabulous Ferry.’
Telephone for tickets: 01698 360085
or free entry with Lunch.
Muso’s, Friends of The Ferry, Blues Day card holders & Gold Card members enter FREE!!! Also, if you purchase the 2 course lunch then this will save you the entry fee.
Although our venue operates a strictly over 18’s policy for public events in the evening, families (including children) are welcome for all Big Blues Day afternoons.
Food served from 1pm – 4pm
General admission tickets £5
Advanced tickets for 2 course lunch £10 (includes free entry!)
This section: Gig Guide
Filed under: Gig Guide
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Carnival of the Dark Arts