Afri Adventure, Africa in Motion for Kids, Glasgow
Sat 3 November, 2018 at 2pm
The Africa Art Centre, 286 Broomloan Road, G51 2GK
For 3-12-year-olds, free and unticketed.
The annual African in Motion Family Day
Taking kids on adventures across Africa through storytelling and film. The amazing Zimbabwean storyteller, Tawona Sithole, will transport them to real and imaginary worlds through inspiring tales. The storytelling will be followed by a selection of short animation films from various African countries.
Tales of Shaa
Rodney Masanga | Zimbabwe 2017 | 7m
Umi and Nandi get transported Shaa, an enchanted world of African folklore filled with popular characters from famous African tales.
Stephen Iosun | Nigeria 2017 | 8m
A timid boy develops a crush on a girl he runs into at a bus stop. Will he summon the courage to talk to her, or will he let the opportunity pass him by?
Jeremy Collins and Kelly Dillon | South Africa 2018 | 5m
Persistence pays off when an unashamed young girl learning to dive is unperturbed by a talented diver who steals the spotlight.
The Tree of Palimpsest
Ingrid Agbo | Togo 2018 | 5m | French with English subtitles
Two bickering brothers turn to their wise grandmother to resolve their argument and learn about a hero of African history in the process.
A Kalabanda Ate My Homework
Raymond Malinga | Uganda 2017 | 6m
A Kalabanda is a mythical creature that is said to haunt schools in Uganda. Tendo, a pupil shows up to class one day without homework – claiming that a Kalabanda ate it. Who’d believe such a lame excuse? No-one! How will Tendo prove his story and does this mythical creature really exist?
Bino and Fino: On To Timbuktu
Adamu Wazuri | Nigeria 2017 | 11m
The Timbuktu Manuscripts are hugely historically important manuscripts based in Mali, a country in West Africa. In this episode Bino and Fino go to Mali with the help of Zeena to learn about these wonderful manuscripts and fountains of knowledge.
Africa in Motion have made a travel fund available to reimburse costs of travel to the African Art Centre. People will be refunded in cash upon showing their public transport receipts.
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Belgian Cinema ‘Both Sides Now’, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Cubanos: Woman and the Revolution
- SQIFF Shorts on Tour presented with STUC LGBT+ Committee, CCA
- An Impossible Love GFT
- Weekend: Valentine’s Day The Seamore
- Access Film Club High Fidelity, GFT
- Roma at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Film Screening: Les Enfants de Mishwar