Adrian Wiszniewski, Meet the Artist at By Distinction, 4 September, 2016
Adrian Wisznieski's solo show The Craft has been attracting acclaim at By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road. On 4th September you can meet the artist there between 2 and 4 p.m.
Glasgow born Adrian Wiszniewski is a graduate of Glasgow School of Art – one of the group named the New Glasgow Boys, which includes Steven Campbell, Ken Currie and Peter Howson.
His first solo show was held in Glasgow and London in 1984, after which some of his works were purchased by the Tate Gallery. Apart from the Tate in London, his work can be seen in some of the world's most prestigious art galleries including: Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Edinburgh, the Victoria and Albert Museum London, the Gallery of Modern Art in New York, Metropolitan Museum New York and Setagaya Museum Tokyo.
What People Say About Wiszniewski and 'The Craft' Exhibition
Clare Henry Blogspot: 'ADRIAN WISZNIEWSKI exemplifies a new age Renaissance man in his ability to encompass painting, printmaking, writing, film, architecture & design. His next foray will be into ceramics - when the guy manages to bring him a wheel!
Meanwhile he is exhibiting large, dramatic, bold & beautiful paintings at BY DISTINCTION ART on Byres Rd in Glasgow's West End.'
Ten Things You Cannae Miss – The Scots Magazine, August 2016
A Distinct Selection
A new exhibition by one of Scotland’s most prominent contemporary artists has launched in Glasgow. Catch a selection of highly collectable artworks by Adrian Wiszniewski at the By Distinction Art Gallery on Byres Road.
This section: Art - what's on, What's On Glasgow West End
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017