Adrian Wiszniewski, Meet the Artist at By Distinction, 4 September, 2016
Adrian Wisznieski’s solo show The Craft has been attracting acclaim at By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road. On 4th September you can meet the artist there between 2 and 4 p.m.
Glasgow born Adrian Wiszniewski is a graduate of Glasgow School of Art – one of the group named the New Glasgow Boys, which includes Steven Campbell, Ken Currie and Peter Howson.
His first solo show was held in Glasgow and London in 1984, after which some of his works were purchased by the Tate Gallery. Apart from the Tate in London, his work can be seen in some of the world’s most prestigious art galleries including: Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art Edinburgh, the Victoria and Albert Museum London, the Gallery of Modern Art in New York, Metropolitan Museum New York and Setagaya Museum Tokyo.
What People Say About Wiszniewski and ‘The Craft’ Exhibition
Clare Henry Blogspot: ‘ADRIAN WISZNIEWSKI exemplifies a new age Renaissance man in his ability to encompass painting, printmaking, writing, film, architecture & design. His next foray will be into ceramics – when the guy manages to bring him a wheel!
Meanwhile he is exhibiting large, dramatic, bold & beautiful paintings at BY DISTINCTION ART on Byres Rd in Glasgow’s West End.’
Ten Things You Cannae Miss – The Scots Magazine, August 2016
A Distinct Selection
A new exhibition by one of Scotland’s most prominent contemporary artists has launched in Glasgow. Catch a selection of highly collectable artworks by Adrian Wiszniewski at the By Distinction Art Gallery on Byres Road.
- Iain’s Brushwork Brings Art to Life at Thistle Gallery
- Art for Sale at Project-Abilty
- Artists Exploring Outer Shapes…. Inner Spaces, Thistle Gallery
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017