Adam Stafford, Reverse Drift CD Launch, Stereo, 29 June, 2017
Adam Stafford live, with special guests.
Thursday 29 June, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Adam Stafford is an experimental pop master. After last year’s Taser Revelations embraced the ‘pop’ end of that spectrum, he’s back at the ‘experimental’ end for his latest project. REVERSE DRIFT is the kind of multimedia experiment he was always meant to make: a 48-page photobook paired with a 40-minute recording.
The beautiful photobook features 24 landscape photographs by Adam, taken over a period of 18 years, 1999-2017.
The single composition in three movements was recorded live and semi-improvised in one take with no overdubs and was created only with a synthesizer, a sequencer, some effects pedals and Adam’s voice.
Released on Gerry Loves Records on 30th June 2017.
Reverse Drift: when too much ice thaws and breaks next to an ocean or river it makes the water run backwards.
Adam Stafford is a musician and filmmaker from Falkirk. Formerly of the group Y’all is Fantasy Island, he issued two experimental a capella albums, “Awnings” and “Miniature Porcelain Horse Emporium” in 2009 before releasing his debut studio set “Build a Harbour Immediately” in 2011. He followed with two more experimental pop albums on Song, by Toad Records, an experimental improv cassette EP and a pop banger single on Gerry Loves Records, and also composed and performed original music for Alan Bissett’s one-man show ‘What The Falkirk’.
His film work include short “The Shutdown” (2009) written by Scottish author and playwright Alan Bissett, the video for The Twilight Sad’s single “Seven Years of Letters” (2010),
and “No Hope For Men Below” (2013), a poetic reinterpretation of The Redding Pit Disaster of Falkirk 1923, written in Broad Scots by local poet and author Janet Paisley. He is currently trying to write a horror film set in 1993, about a maintenance train driver who infiltrates a Norse Black Metal cult in the rural North of Scotland.
Stereo Cafe Bar, 20 – 29 Renfield Lane, G2 6PH
- Aye Write 2019: Alan Brown
- Aye Write 2019 Henry Bell and Cat Boyd
- Womxns Networking Brunch
- Evening of discussion: poetry and film with Sawsan Al-Areeqe
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sauvage, GFT
- Minding the Gap, GFT
- Tartan Features Beyond Zero, CCA
- Us, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Great Escape with Dan Snow GFT
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Out of Blue, GFT
- Wild Rose, GFT
- Laurel and Hardy, Best Before Bed Cinema
- The White Crow GFT
- Yikes Film Club – Brass Eye Tapes
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Aye Write 2019 Tom & James Morton
- Aye Write 2019 Gaelic Reading and Singing (Family Event)