Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
16 March, 2019
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY
A new work of film/music by Glasgow’s UNESCO City of Music artist-in-residence Richy Carey.
A live performance event at the Glasgow Royal Concert Halls, Accents brings together communities to sing a live soundtrack to a film exploring the sounds of identity and place. Using the film itself as the score, Accents is about the everyday music in our voices, asking questions around how we listen and speak with each other, the sound between our individual and collective identities.
At 11:00, prior to the performance, we invite anyone to join in with members of the city’s community choirs as composer Richy Carey leads a workshop exploring ways of improvising sounds for film with our voices. Thinking about how we relate to the places we live and to each other, learn how to sing his new film/scores before taking part in the premiere at 13:00. Everyone is welcome, no need to be a singer, just a willingness to join in!
Accents is a free, ticketed event. Please reserve your space for either the performance or the workshop and performance at the Eventbrite link above. Audio description via induction loop and free headsets.
This section: Cinema, Classes and Workshops
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019