Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
16 March, 2019
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY
A new work of film/music by Glasgow’s UNESCO City of Music artist-in-residence Richy Carey.
A live performance event at the Glasgow Royal Concert Halls, Accents brings together communities to sing a live soundtrack to a film exploring the sounds of identity and place. Using the film itself as the score, Accents is about the everyday music in our voices, asking questions around how we listen and speak with each other, the sound between our individual and collective identities.
At 11:00, prior to the performance, we invite anyone to join in with members of the city’s community choirs as composer Richy Carey leads a workshop exploring ways of improvising sounds for film with our voices. Thinking about how we relate to the places we live and to each other, learn how to sing his new film/scores before taking part in the premiere at 13:00. Everyone is welcome, no need to be a singer, just a willingness to join in!
Accents is a free, ticketed event. Please reserve your space for either the performance or the workshop and performance at the Eventbrite link above. Audio description via induction loop and free headsets.
This section: Cinema, Classes and Workshops
- Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
- Girl GFT
- Astro Black GSFF at CCA
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- First Reels 2: Scottish Women Filmmakers of the 1990s CCA
- Wuthering Heights, Glasgow Film Theatre
- GSFF19 | Blueprint: Scottish Independent Shorts
- Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- Us, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Under the Silver Lake GFT
- Laurel and Hardy, Best Before Bed Cinema
- Everybody Knows GFT
- Yikes Film Club – Brass Eye Tapes
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Womxns Networking Brunch
- Evening of discussion: poetry and film with Sawsan Al-Areeqe
- GSFF: Opening Screening Terror Nullius
- Ray and Liz, GFT
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Janice Galloway Words into Pictures