Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
16 March, 2019
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 2 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3NY
A new work of film/music by Glasgow’s UNESCO City of Music artist-in-residence Richy Carey.
A live performance event at the Glasgow Royal Concert Halls, Accents brings together communities to sing a live soundtrack to a film exploring the sounds of identity and place. Using the film itself as the score, Accents is about the everyday music in our voices, asking questions around how we listen and speak with each other, the sound between our individual and collective identities.
At 11:00, prior to the performance, we invite anyone to join in with members of the city’s community choirs as composer Richy Carey leads a workshop exploring ways of improvising sounds for film with our voices. Thinking about how we relate to the places we live and to each other, learn how to sing his new film/scores before taking part in the premiere at 13:00. Everyone is welcome, no need to be a singer, just a willingness to join in!
Accents is a free, ticketed event. Please reserve your space for either the performance or the workshop and performance at the Eventbrite link above. Audio description via induction loop and free headsets.
This section: Cinema, Classes and Workshops
- Yikes Film Club presents Grand Budapest Hotel
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT
- Donbass GFT
- Submissions Glasgow Film Festival
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Wild Rose Review Pat Byrne
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Liam Gallagher: As It Was plus Exclusive Live Satellite Performance
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing