Aaron Angell, The Death of Robi at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum until 25 April. 2016
Part of Glasgow International, Aaron Angell presents a single exhibition split across two venues.
Borrowing its title from Peter Vansittart’s historical novel of 1981, Angell presents new sculptural works influenced by psychedelic poetry, philosophies of gardening, the colour green, and the architecture of pipe organs.
In Kelvingrove, Angell is exhibiting new sculptural work on the mezzanine level facing the museum’s great organ, including works in iron, assemblages of sixteenth century furniture, and other found objects. Central to this presentation is a theatrical programme of organ recitals. This features examples of early secular music, diffused with melodies traditionally performed on itinerant instruments, rather than through the fixed site of the organ.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
Glasgow Botanic Gardens
At Glasgow Botanic Gardens, Angell presents a series of new ceramic sculptures among plants in the National Begonia collection. These works are produced in close reference to the compositions of the gardener Capability Brown and associated examples of vernacular architecture. Here the organ is re-imagined as a machine for communicating with the vegetable kingdom.
Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0UE
Find out more about Glasgow International at http://glasgowinternational.org/
- Gorbals Fair 2019
- The Dark Carnival: Unplugged
- The Library Music Film – DJ and Party
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Yikes Film Club presents Grand Budapest Hotel
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Maker And Producer (sustainable textiles)
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- The Bolshoi Ballet: Carmen Suite / Petrushka Live
- Arctic GFT
- Birds of Passage
- Slow Food Glasgow Food, Class and Transformation in Glasgow
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival Bailando Con Margot: An Encore Screening CCA
- Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock n Roll GFT