Aaron Angell, The Death of Robi at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum until 25 April. 2016
Part of Glasgow International, Aaron Angell presents a single exhibition split across two venues.
Borrowing its title from Peter Vansittart’s historical novel of 1981, Angell presents new sculptural works influenced by psychedelic poetry, philosophies of gardening, the colour green, and the architecture of pipe organs.
In Kelvingrove, Angell is exhibiting new sculptural work on the mezzanine level facing the museum’s great organ, including works in iron, assemblages of sixteenth century furniture, and other found objects. Central to this presentation is a theatrical programme of organ recitals. This features examples of early secular music, diffused with melodies traditionally performed on itinerant instruments, rather than through the fixed site of the organ.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
Glasgow Botanic Gardens
At Glasgow Botanic Gardens, Angell presents a series of new ceramic sculptures among plants in the National Begonia collection. These works are produced in close reference to the compositions of the gardener Capability Brown and associated examples of vernacular architecture. Here the organ is re-imagined as a machine for communicating with the vegetable kingdom.
Glasgow Botanic Gardens, 730 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 0UE
Find out more about Glasgow International at http://glasgowinternational.org/
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017