A PRIVATE ROOM CATHERINE CAMERON UNTIL 29 SEPTEMBER RGI
Until 29 September, 2014
Exhibition of new photography by Catherine Cameron, recipient of The Royal Glasgow Institute Exhibition Prize for a work by a recent Scottish Graduate, awarded at the RGI Annual exhibition in 2013.
By the time Catherine Cameron enrolled on the Fine Art Photography course at Glasgow School of Art she already had ten international exhibitions under her belt, exhibiting in North and South America, Asia and Europe.
"I am interested in the characteristics of dysfunctional behaviour and relationships, taking place both in the domestic and professional arenas. The emotional responses arising from a culture of hierarchy, where authority is respected and accepted, not questioned and never challenged. Repressed anger reduced to obedience, submission and passive adaptation habituate the private rooms where longing and melancholia rules. Coping mechanisms provide a protective layer for maintaining human functionality in crisis, but when internalised becomes the norm, almost a personal characteristic, the tool becomes the objective, the dysfunctional becomes functional creating a barrier hindering change."
ROYAL GLASGOW INSTITUTE OF THE FINE ARTS
118 DOUGLAS STREET
GLASGOW G2 4ET
MONDAY - SATURDAY
10AM - 5PM
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017