A Fair Tale about a Fairy Trade, Websters Theatre
29 & 30 June, 2018
Tickets £13.50 Adults/£11.50 Concessions (ticket prices incl. £1.50 per ticket admin fee which will be added at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
‘A Fair Tale about a Fairy Trade’ a controversial new musical focusing on taboo issues of sex slavery, exploitation and abuse. A dark twist on a family favourite, the tale of Cinderella, this new musical transcends cultural and stereotypical boundaries, creating a real sense of the important issues and just how easily they can affect any of us.
The plot of the musical was carefully crafted after researching real-life stories of trafficked victims. Set in the modern day, the musical follows our protagonist, Cece, who is a 17-year old girl living with her step-mother and her two step-sisters, who make her life miserable. Being an orphan, the only emotional support that she gets is from her God-mother. After attending a party one night, she gets kidnapped on her way home and ends up in a brothel, where she is trafficked for sex. The plot focuses on her emotional journey throughout this unexpected misfortune. In the outside world, Cece’s family and friends are looking for her, together with the police, but no clue leads anywhere. The real mystery of the musical, however, lays in who the villain behind this horrifying business. Throughout the show, the audience will hear and be aware that the pimp is there, but they cannot see who it is, bringing on more mystery and speculations.
Suitable for 14+
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be ONE interval
Please note, our box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
Websters, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
- Arctic, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Sarah Jane Scouten The Doublet
- Cowboy Calypso, WomanSaid and Stephen EvEns
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival