A Fair Tale about a Fairy Trade, Websters Theatre
29 & 30 June, 2018
Tickets £13.50 Adults/£11.50 Concessions (ticket prices incl. £1.50 per ticket admin fee which will be added at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
‘A Fair Tale about a Fairy Trade’ a controversial new musical focusing on taboo issues of sex slavery, exploitation and abuse. A dark twist on a family favourite, the tale of Cinderella, this new musical transcends cultural and stereotypical boundaries, creating a real sense of the important issues and just how easily they can affect any of us.
The plot of the musical was carefully crafted after researching real-life stories of trafficked victims. Set in the modern day, the musical follows our protagonist, Cece, who is a 17-year old girl living with her step-mother and her two step-sisters, who make her life miserable. Being an orphan, the only emotional support that she gets is from her God-mother. After attending a party one night, she gets kidnapped on her way home and ends up in a brothel, where she is trafficked for sex. The plot focuses on her emotional journey throughout this unexpected misfortune. In the outside world, Cece’s family and friends are looking for her, together with the police, but no clue leads anywhere. The real mystery of the musical, however, lays in who the villain behind this horrifying business. Throughout the show, the audience will hear and be aware that the pimp is there, but they cannot see who it is, bringing on more mystery and speculations.
Suitable for 14+
This is a seated event.
Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
There will be ONE interval
Please note, our box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
Websters, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
- The Little Stranger, GFT
- The Greatest Showman Sing-a-long, Glasgow Film Theatre
- ‘Young Solitude’ Review by Lola Rose
- Make Me Up at GFT
- Blueprint Independent Shorts GFT
- Womens Work 100, Fairfield Govan
- Soft Cell One Final Time, Live from London, GFT
- A Northern Soul, GFT
- The Wife, GFT
- Taggart Pilot Screening, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- The Greatest Showman Eat/Film at Sloans
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- Singin’ in the Rain, The Seamore
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Black 47 GFT
- Anchor and Hope, GFT
- European Art Cinema Day, Dogman GFT
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance GFT
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith