A Bird Is Not A Stone, Glasgow Launch, Tell it Slant, Monday 2 June
A Bird Is Not A Stone, Glasgow Launch
Monday, June 2 at 6:00pm
Tell it Slant
Tell it Slant is delighted to host the premier launch of A Bird is Not a Stone, a groundbreaking anthology of Palestinian poetry translated into all the languages of Scotland.
The collection features poetry by 25 contemporary Palestinian poets and as many Scots writers, including the makar Liz Lochhead, Costa Award winner Kathleen Jamie and Guardian Fiction Prize winner Alasdair Gray.
The evening will include readings of poems from the collection in both the original and translations.
Liz Lochhead, Alasdair Gray, Henry King, Magi Gibson, and Ellen McAteer will all be reading.
More information on the book can be found at http://abirdisnotastone.wordpress.com/
Tell it Slan, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Start – Graham Morgan at Helensburgh Library
- Book Launch: ‘The Sound of the Hours’ Karen Campbell
- Book Launch: Something Like Happy – Sasha Greene
- From Glasgow To Saturn Pride Edition Launch
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Longlist for McIlvanney Prize Scottish Crime Book of the Year 2019
- Express Yourself – Poets at Tellit Slant
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper